80mph?

observer

I always set my cruise control to about 32 when driving down Cromwell Avenue and the likes.... I do get people driving right up to my bumper, and some have in the past, overtaken me... one did so just as we came off the roundabout for Old Hall Primary School..... (unfortunately my camera wasn't working in the car orr that one would have been on youtube)....

These people may well be able to overtake on roads like this.....but I soon catch them on the motorways!! :wink:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right Asp, but cars produce carbon monoxide which does have an impact on the ozone layer

I don't suppose you would care to provide any evidence of this assertion LtKije. I have pointed out in the past that saying something doesn't necessarily make it come true :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Watch out Baz, your treading on thin ice admitting to setting your cruise to 32mph but it’s interesting to see you set it to 32 and not 29. I don’t think I’ve ever used cruise control on the regular roads and especially at such low speeds. Minor variations in speed make them pretty useless so I find it’s far easier just to go with the flow.

Bill :)

Ok I’ll rephrase that to, IF my cruise control actually worked then I doubt I’d use it at low speeds on the regular roads.

Don’t listen to Clarkson because Alfa’s aren’t at all that bad these days and my cruise control works perfectly most of the time. :rolleyes:

Ok I’ll rephrase that to, IF my cruise control actually worked then I doubt I’d use it at low speeds on the regular roads.

Don’t listen to Clarkson because Alfa’s aren’t at all that bad these days and my cruise control works perfectly most of the time.

well there's a roaring endorsement if ever I saw one!! :D

• 1 month later...

Sarcasm wont get you anywhere Fatso :P:lol:

Totally serious. In all honesty, I don't really follow forum personalities all that much, Bill is pretty obvious, Baz becasue he's from Callands, and Obs because he's an idiot opposing view to my own on virtually every topic, otherwise I'm just replying to the previous post. possibly makes me a bit odd, but as you never normally meet anyone from online, I don;t pariticularly fret over who says what.

Don’t listen to Clarkson because Alfa’s aren’t at all that bad these days and my cruise control works perfectly most of the time. :rolleyes:

Speaking as a fan of both Top Gear and JC, it used to infuriate me no end (when I owned a 156) to hear JC perpetuating the Alfa stereotype. It could only have been doen for cheap laughs, because most people nowadays know that Alfas are pretty top notch, indeed your own motor Bill is I believe in the top 10 slowest depreciators.

They tell you that but just wait till you try and come to trade it in, it’s a whole different story then. :evil:

I paid 26K for mine five years ago and it’s got 85k on the clock now so it’s probably only worth about 6K. Good bad who knows, I don’t but either way I’ve had so much enjoyment from it I don’t really care!