URGENT - does anyone have a bit of lead flashing ?

Dizzy

A 6ft piece of lead flashing has split and fallen off our outhouse roof. Not good and the rain pours in. We need at bit to patch it up....

It appears to have cracked and split (hence it fell out) so we need another bit so we can cut off the broken bit then overlap another piece to put it all back and patch it up. Does that make sense ??

Sadly the DIY shops only seems to sell it in 3 metre rolls (ouch) and I recon we only need about 2 feet.

So 'longshot question' has anyone got any left over maybe from a job or an old piece lying around that we could have.

More than happy to pay you for it and need it by Monday of you have got any.

I will remove this post on Monday

Thanks, Dizz

Thanks Fugs.

Yeah we thought it was odd that it split and the whole piece started to fall out. Maybe it started to split along the brick line and the wind has got to it over the past weeks or something... or maybe someone was trying to pinch it and got disturbed... I doubt the latter though :unsure:

Hiya Fugs.

Other half says that 'may' just be enough so yes please :D I've also asked on freecycle but no replies as yet and we could give you yours back if it turns out not to be big enough or we find another piece somewhere.

Gosh that sounded really ungrateful.. I didn't mean it too :oops:

I'll pm you my phone number now and can pick it up from you today or whatever is best for you.

Thanks

Hiya Shiela_P

Fugtifino has kindly given me an old piece which he even flattened out to get rid of the creases, pitty that can't be done on my face too. Hopefully it might to the trick but we wont know until we get up there tomorrow (when I say 'we' I don't mean 'me' of course as I'm not going on there incase it collapses :lol:)

Could you still ask you OH just incase... :D

Hiya Shiela_P

Fugtifino has kindly given me an old piece which he even flattened out to get rid of the creases, pitty that can't be done on my face too. Hopefully it might to the trick but we wont know until we get up there tomorrow (when I say 'we' I don't mean 'me' of course as I'm not going on there incase it collapses :lol:)

Could you still ask you OH just incase... :D

Sorry he doesn't have any at all. He says that the cheapest place to buy from, if all else fails, is this place:

Warrington Plastics & Roofing Supplies Ltd

View phone number

12 Eagle Park Drive,

WARRINGTON,

WA2 8JA

Hope this doesn't count as an advertisement. I Googled to double check the name!