The Gullible British Leaders

Cleopatra

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he has terminal cancer then he is very ill. He was apparently very ill 2 years ago when he was in England and given just 3 months to live.

He was seen at a rally in Lybia although 'frail and in a wheelchair' apparently. William Hague says he should not have been released as it was flawed medical advice......

What I find interesting is William Hague saying it was 'flawed medical advice'. Flawed in what way? Flawed because the medical diagnosis was wrong or flawed because this advice wouldn't in the long term placate the public?

Personally I doubt that the advice was medically incorrect - tests for cancer are quite specific.

I believe that the doctors diagnosis was most probably correct and also that their opinion that he had circa 3 months to live would also have been correct.

The 3 month survival rate would be what would be normally expected for someone in that stage of that particular type of cancer - given the treatment that would be available to them IN THE UK.

I think the deal done to return him to Libya was so that he could get access to the more advanced treatment that is available (but not funded in the UK)

The success of this treatment has been proved by the fact he is still alive 2 years down the line and has until recently had a reasonable quality of life (still in fact able to attend a rally). The bad decline in his health only seems to have come when due to the conflict the supplies of his treatment became unavailable.

His family, now want him to return to the UK for treatment - and they are insisting that he should be given the same treatment he has been receiving in Libya.

It would be illogical to think that they would want to extend his suffering and have him to return to die in captivity in a hostile country rather than have a quicker release of his suffering and die peacefully surrounded by his family and countrymen. So it must be that they think that continuing this particular treatment is going to not only make him live longer but also improve his quality of life.

Whatever happens to this man questions will now be asked as to why others suffering this type of cancer are being denied this treatment and are being left to die in just 3 months.

SO when William Hague said the advice was flawed - was he speaking from a financial / political rather than medical perspective?

I thought he was released after agreement with Blair (and the Scots) because Gadafi said there would be untold terror unleashed on us if he died in prison over here due to his illness rather than in his pwn homeland surrounded by his loved ones and supporters (or something like that anyway).

Why do you recon he was innocent ? Or do you mean he wasn't the actual one who instigated it or placed the bomb but took the blame as he knew about it and who did it ?

I don't get what you mean but either way he is tarred with the same brush as the rest of the radical murdering <word I'd better not say> either way in my opinion so he is just as guilty if he is inocent (which I very much doubt).

Ever heard the term *scapegoat?* If you did a little research outside of the pages of the Daily Mail you'd know that his conviction was becoming increasingly untenable...Evidence was kept from the defence at his original trial and his forthcoming appeal was certain to succeed..Not my opinion but the opinion of the legal officials involved. He had to be let go to save the Scottish establishment from serious embarrassment.

Ever heard the term *scapegoat?* If you did a little research outside of the pages of the Daily Mail you'd know that his conviction was becoming increasingly untenable...Evidence was kept from the defence at his original trial and his forthcoming appeal was certain to succeed..Not my opinion but the opinion of the legal officials involved. He had to be let go to save the Scottish establishment from serious embarrassment.

Another Saddo referring to the Daily Mail. There are other sources besides a paper that doesn't talk about rugby league. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well, it now appears that his release was part of a lucrative oil deal struck between Gadaffi and Bliar; when they were snogging in the tent ( as most cynics said from the begining!). And as Joe Public said, while filling his car up at the pumps - "So what's the problem"?! :wink:

Don't let reality get in the way of a good conspiracy theory Obs :rolleyes: We only get about 4% of our crude oil from Libya (most of it comes from Norway - around 85%). The countries most involved with Libyan crude are Italy, France, Germany and Spain (although Italy and Spain are probably having problems scraping together enough €uros to pay for it now :wink: :wink: )

As for the Blair/Brown/Ghadafi love fest, well thats what passes for diplomacy these days. We need a better class of politician now, and we won't get it until the present lot (and I mean all of them - Con/Lib/Lab/Ind/Green/etc) are removed from their other world unreality. Waste of space and money the lot of them. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I rarely buy any newspapers at all Safeway56 but I guess you must buy/read the Daily Mail otherwise you wouldn't know what was in it :wink::lol:

I wouldn't have the Daily Mail hanging up on the back of the door of the outside privy of my hovel...My only knowledge of the Daily Mail is what I read in the headlines on the stand at the local newsagent.My media indulgence is a couple of hours every day with the Guardian which to most of the posters on here is considered to be an agent of the Devil.

:lol:

I thought the Guardian only came out once a week though and even then it's just full of adverts so you must read really slowly or take in every word just to get your money's worth Safeway56 if it takes you a few hours each day to read it.

But each to their own I guess and as long it makes you happy :wink::P