New Striker Needed!

There is no point getting a new striker until the midfield and the defence are sorted.

After Pritch went off the defence went to pieces you cant blame River for any of the goals.

The midfield well i wasnt even shore that they came out of the changing rooms leaving Gahgan and Henders totally isolated.

Intresting to see that little changed after henders went off apart from farsley easing off abit.

One thing that is needeed more than anything else in my opinion is a leader on the field. Tomo is going to very very hard to replace as a defender but even harder to replace as a skipper.

I still don't get why we have Thommo on the wing and Gahgan upfront. Swap them around, Gahgan has the pace and the crosses and Thommo does overhead kicks more often than Hursty97. (And he gets them on target, unlike Hursty)

I am not sure on Henders any more though.

I agree about not blaming River for any of the goals. His positioning and charging down the ball was a bit off a couple of times, but he is a defender, to be fair. Am I being mislead that he came 2nd on Wayne Rooneys street striker?

Anyway, we could give Duffy a chance upfront? He has got all the things he needs; a rocket shot in his boots, pace, "Tekkers", strength, a great header. He was one of our best players today, easily.

I know one man doesn't make a team but I agree with burgerman Mike Tomo is the biggest miss a great defender but most important a leader who organised the defence and the rest of the team a shambles today no leadership and very little else come on boys heads up and move on and get a bit of grit in the team for midweek and we might see some light at the end early days yet but a bit of a worry

I know one man doesn't make a team but I agree with burgerman Mike Tomo is the biggest miss a great defender but most important a leader who organised the defence and the rest of the team a shambles today no leadership and very little else come on boys heads up and move on and get a bit of grit in the team for midweek and we might see some light at the end early days yet but a bit of a worry

its rare that someone argees with me :D

Once pritch went off it was damage limitation really. i do think henders is still not beign played to his strengths and gaghan yet again is being hit with the long balls. Tommo out wide isnt working either. Just a shuffle around up front should improve matters. We did however look weak in Defence especially when yoru keeper has gone, it should have been all about closing ranks and trying to protect river.

Skem will be tough but I dont think its panic time yet.

I would swap Gahgan with Thommo and play with Hickey upfront next to Thommo in my opinion.

We lack a leader from the back, Hardwick is an excellent player and a great defender but a leader only time will tell. He needs to dominate from the back line through to midfield, having Sam Finley back will be a big boost tomorrow night.

Not panic time yet as you say Adrian but a few more defeats/dropped points and it could well be...

Would be very happy with a point away at Skem after the last two games (that says it all really)

Just been to watch a team who can win at home beat Spurs 3-0 :D

(Danny Welbeck reminded me of Thommo with his attempted overhead kick :lol: )

I would swap Gahgan with Thommo and play with Hickey upfront next to Thommo in my opinion.

We lack a leader from the back, Hardwick is an excellent player and a great defender but a leader only time will tell. He needs to dominate from the back line through to midfield, having Sam Finley back will be a big boost tomorrow night.

Not panic time yet as you say Adrian but a few more defeats/dropped points and it could well be...

Would be very happy with a point away at Skem after the last two games (that says it all really)

That is actually a pretty decent line-up. Who would go on the other wing though? River (If he isn't covering for Pritchy) or Duffy (No other options, to be honest)