How do they know?

observer

Seems "the experts" have worked out, that watching TV is as bad for your health as smoking; and that just 15 minutes of exercise per day can add 3 years to your life. How do they know how long folk will live in the first place? They could get mauled by a polar bear or run over by a truck or something. :mellow:

Seems "the experts" have worked out, that watching TV is as bad for your health as smoking; and that just 15 minutes of exercise per day can add 3 years to your life. How do they know how long folk will live in the first place? They could get mauled by a polar bear or run over by a truck or something. :mellow:

Feel free to read the garbage but I don't see why we should have to suffer it on here.

OK so if one cigarette takes off a year of your life and a hours worth of tv does the same, assume that spending time on the internet is equivalent to watching tv then.

Twenty cigarettes a day that is minus twenty years.

Three hours off watching tv minus three years.

(minus seven if you watch jeremy kyle big brother etc but only minus two iff you regularly watch emmerdale because off all the fresh air)

five hours on the internet minus five years.

Total of minus 28, call it 30 to make it a nice even number.

to off set that you would need to do 150 minutes of exercise everyday (2 1/2 hours). just to live to the age that you would if you did not wtch tv, spend time on internet or smoke

so 2 1/2 hours exercise.

5 hours internet

3 hours tv

8 hours working

1 hour travelling to/from work.

2 hours for meals

1/2 hour for bathing etc

which leaves you with 2 hours left of your day to relax and sleep.:blink:

now if like me the onl;y exercise you get is jumping to conclusions then you are in dire straights. according to those figures i have been dead (taking the lifespan of four score and ten as a base figure) about twenty years give or take.

I AM A ZOMBIE :mrgreen: