Has this forum died?

theinsider

I'm back for a moan, so it may liven up a bit now :blink: After scanning the Warrington Worldwide magazine 6 or 7 weeks ago, I rang Utilities Warehouse ( as advertised in the mag)to make some enquiries about their business, prices, etc. The man who answered the phone to me was pleasant enough, and agreed to post information to my sister and I as we wanted to look into getting electricity, broadband, etc cheaper.

We are STILL waiting!!!!! Needless to say, we've given up and will make enquiries elsewhere. :huh:

Hiya Brendam... nice to see you back on here :D

It's soooo annoying when people say they are going to do something and never do eh? I always thought UW came round in person to discuss what they could save you rather than sending info out by post though.

Hiya Brendam... nice to see you back on here :D

It's soooo annoying when people say they are going to do something and never do eh? I always thought UW came round in person to discuss what they could save you rather than sending info out by post though.

A visit would have been very nice Dizzy so that we could have discussed it together and made sure we understood all the points concerned, but yes you're right, I find it really annoying when people can't keep their promises. :angry:

Brendam.

PS Gary, the photo on my profiile is ancient, where's the other one that used to be on the old forum profile????? :roll:

I'm back for a moan, so it may liven up a bit now :blink: After scanning the Warrington Worldwide magazine 6 or 7 weeks ago, I rang Utilities Warehouse ( as advertised in the mag)to make some enquiries about their business, prices, etc. The man who answered the phone to me was pleasant enough, and agreed to post information to my sister and I as we wanted to look into getting electricity, broadband, etc cheaper.

We are STILL waiting!!!!! Needless to say, we've given up and will make enquiries elsewhere. :huh:

Of course things can get lost in the post as well - has happened before and could happen again!

We actually promote this service to our readers so I am obviously concerned to hear of this problem which I will raise.

If you are already sorted though there is not a lot we can do now.

Regarding your profile picture that is the last one on file when the new system was updated.

Of course things can get lost in the post as well - has happened before and could happen again!

We actually promote this service to our readers so I am obviously concerned to hear of this problem which I will raise.

If you are already sorted though there is not a lot we can do now.

Regarding your profile picture that is the last one on file when the new system was updated.

Thanks for that, we are not sorted as yet though we are still looking for comparisons. I think we'll probably end up on "Compare.com"!

Thanks for that, we are not sorted as yet though we are still looking for comparisons. I think we'll probably end up on "Compare.com"!

Only problem with Compare is they take a nice slice of commission for making the recommendations so you don't always get the best deal - just the best deal from the companies willing to pay a slice to go Compare! :rolleyes:

PM me your contact details and I will ensure some makes sure you get looked after properly.

Only problem with Compare is they take a nice slice of commission for making the recommendations so you don't always get the best deal - just the best deal from the companies willing to pay a slice to go Compare! :rolleyes:

PM me your contact details and I will ensure some makes sure you get looked after properly.

To bring you up to date Gary; the lovely Andy visited my sister and I this morning as promised, explained everything about his business, how it works, how they manage to be cheapest, etc. He had also prepared a written Quote for us both, which, when compared to a very recent electric statement from Scottish Power, was a winner by a mile!! Utilities Warehouse was (roughly) half price.

If, when I've studied everything in more detail, everything is cheaper for me then I'll definitely be changing.

Thank you for your help

Bren.

To bring you up to date Gary; the lovely Andy visited my sister and I this morning as promised, explained everything about his business, how it works, how they manage to be cheapest, etc. He had also prepared a written Quote for us both, which, when compared to a very recent electric statement from Scottish Power, was a winner by a mile!! Utilities Warehouse was (roughly) half price.

If, when I've studied everything in more detail, everything is cheaper for me then I'll definitely be changing.

Thank you for your help

Bren.

The best thing is if you switch to UW - and for some reason it isn't right for you (which I doubt) you are not tied into a contract.