Both of the Warrington MP's Voted Against a Referendum

Bazj

Originally posted by Lt Kije:

Global Vision is a non-partisan campaign group that believes Britain needs to negotiate a looser, more modern relationship with the EU to reflect the rapidly changing world of the 21st century. The new relationship should be based on trade and cooperation, whilst opting out of political and economic union.

Which seems entirely reasonable and sensible to me...we have far too much Government in one form or another as it is. Actually I'm very pro European...I used to work in France and do business in most parts of Europe...love going there on holidays, but have no wish to impose our ways on them...nor have theirs imposed on us in the UK, neither do I wish them to send us any of their money...chance would be a fine thing, nor send them any of ours, other than by way of trade.

From Paul Kennedy

The following from Global Vision...who are:

an independent not-for-profit organization dedicated to creating an open, informed discussion on Britain's future development in a globalising world economy and the implications for our relationships with Europe. Its analysis and research is supported by a group of distinguished economists who serve on its Economic Advisory Panel. Its aims are also supported by a cross section of senior business leaders who believe these issues now need to be addressed. Global Vision does not have links with or support any political party.

From Global Visions web site

Global Vision is a non-partisan campaign group that believes Britain needs to negotiate a looser, more modern relationship with the EU to reflect the rapidly changing world of the 21st century. The new relationship should be based on trade and cooperation, whilst opting out of political and economic union.

I think you will find Global Vision is for old left of Maggie Tories and lets face it there are not many of them left. is Michael Heseltine still a member?. Funny they say they have a growing list of Parliamentary friends but they give no names. and they do not have many business friends. I could quote many pro european web sites but I will not at this time, if and when I do I will quote properly and not make out that they have no axe to grind

:D

Funny you should pick out Michael Heseltine, him being very pro Europe and all. You, of course, are non partisan yourself, apart from being a declared pro Europe Mac user. I use a Mac myself, when it's raining. I've got nothing against Europe myself, as a Continent that is, but I don't like being dictated to by a load of self appointed bureaucrats and feel that we, as a nation, should stand up on our own two feet and tell them where to put their treaty. Of course I'm sure you can find businesses galore who are only too happy to sing the praises of the European dream because, at the moment, it's a rich source of cheap labour. However when the source dries up or becomes too expensive they won't be so supportive of it. :roll::roll:

• 3 weeks later...

Companies are even allowed to trade pollution/carbon limits across Europe.

The new economy.. You give me loads a dosh, and you can have all my polluting capacity. :(

Great scam eh? :sleeping: Parliament can have that effect on you;(sleeping I mean), of course you have to attend if you want to curl up on the green benches. (green colour that is, not politics)

[ 08.04.2008, 23:06: Message edited by: Stephen Taylor ]