Verbal abuse not acceptable

Geoffrey Settle

Yesterday whilst dropping of a visually impaired passengers in Culcheth who is 91 years young I was subject to verbal abuse from a white van driver and (mainly) his passenger.

I have to park as close as I can when dropping my passengers, they can't see very well if at all and they aren't too nibble on their feet because of their age.

There is usually a fiat parked opposite her dive but yesterday when I parked up I left enough room for the van to pass by.

Most drivers are very patient and wait and I always acknowledge their good behaviour.

This clown got through but the passenger wound down his window and gave me the finger. They parked up the road and got out so I went up and explained why I was parked where I was whilst my co-pilot helped our passenger to her front door.

A cascade of verbal abuse, which shocked a lady and her daughter passing by, met me. She turned to me and said 'I hope you got their number as they sped off'

'Not only that but I've emailed the police with the details' I replied.

I hope that the police can pursue this one.

Earlier in the week I sent them a photo of a white pick up truck (on Cinnamon Lane North) that ran into a group of teenagers on the grass verge some of whom fell onto his bonnet. Unfortunately the police could not read the number plate. If any of you see this truck, I think it has some black markings please let me know.

WhieVanIMG00731-20110721-1843.jpg

At least in the Westbrook area some cones have been put out by Hood Manor school which means that I can now get into Ross Close, however I have to take the next turn on the right under an arch type thing and there is usually a Dino Rod van or parent parked up at the entrance, how I miss scrapping against these vehicles I just don’t know. And then there some residents in Lidbury Close who try and park as awkwardly as possible – they never use their drives and seem to take great delight watching me struggle.

In the past when I have mentioned this to the Fire Brigade and asked how they get through they have told me ‘We have our techniques – nothing stoops us if there is a fire!!’

Does anyone else have to put up with inconsiderate drivers? :oops:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living on a quiet cul-de-sac, where all the houses have fairly large drives means we don’t get too many parking on the road but all that do, tend to put a couple of wheels onto the pavement because the road is quite narrow. All except one that is, an Audi A7 that I guess it’s a company car because it’s never more than a year old. Whether the owner thinks it’s too difficult to get into his empty drive or whether he’s scared of damaging his alloys I don’t know but he certainly makes it difficult to pass at that point.

This is another of those issues where those that try to demonstrate consideration for others by putting a wheel on the pavement end up being branded the bad guy but the consensus down our road is, there is really only one inconsiderate driver.

BTW Geoff the term 91 years young might be politically correct but it’s a contradiction in terms that a lot of older people don’t like. I heard a DJ come under fire the other day for referring to someone as 41 years young. “ So you class me as old by calling me young do you?”

That post was so bad it was wicked! :shock::mrgreen:

Bill :)

PS.... DP 51 RYG ??? according to my poor eyes

So is image enhancement just science fiction? :huh:

I zoomed in too and I read it as Bill did although on a higher zoom it does look like the 1 is more like a 4 to my eyes.

ie DP54 RYG Ithe G could also be a U though)

I actually went onto a car insurance site and typed the reg to double check(tut tut I know) and it could not it .. I tried DP51 RYG, DP54 RYG, DP51 RTG and DP 54 RTG and all of those but with R*U too :unsure:

I'm sure the police can though... unless of course it;s a false plate :wink:

It’s not our bloomin job to do this but the prefix could quite easily be DF rather than DP making it a bit more local (Chester rather than Shrewsbury). Also, having magnified the image, I tend to agree it does indeed look like a 4 so a retry of permutations with DF 54 might get a result!

Bill :)

Surely the DVLA wouldn't just give out a car owner's personal details to anyone as 'anyone' could make up a 'valid reason' for wanting to know ? :unsure:

Like Bill has already said though.. the police should be trying to trace them if only to say to them 'we have had reports that you allegidely did xyz.... (they will obviously deny it) but it might make them think twice about doing it again.

Just a thought... but is the fact that the photo of the car is on here for all to see and that we are all talking about it (and posting possible registration numbers which dont appear to exist) libelous after all we only have Geoff's word that it happened :blink:

So.......Could the owner of the above easily recognisable vehicle, which is alleged to have been driving dangerously, please come forward and clarify your position so that you can be excluded from our investigation, and obviously if you could confirm your registration number that would be most helpful too :D

Geoff... in the dark blue box at the top right of your screen your should see a little green box with a '1' in it (or higher number if anyone else has sent you a message). Click on it and it will open your messages

OR click on your username and then chick 'messenger' and it should be in there.

I have just checked and mine was sent to you on 29th July and has status 'unread by you'.

However... if you have changed your email address then you wont receive them.

Been over the border DIZZY near York - not received any messages from you or anyone else but I did have a run in with a farmer and his wife.. all ended fine when I explained what I was up to. :mrgreen:

You need to stop upsetting people and be more diplomatic cllr. :D:blink:

OOps ther goes my drink again..... :lol:

One thing is for sure Clr Geoff... you are getting some bad habits (as one tends to expect from councillors) such as not replying to questions or messages from the 'normal people' like me even when you are reminded :P

OOps ther goes my drink again..... :lol:

One thing is for sure Clr Geoff... you are getting some bad habits (as one tends to expect from councillors) such as not replying to questions or messages from the 'normal people' like me even when you are reminded :P

It goes with the territory DIZZY - I never been as busy in my life - and as you may see from my posting times I do try and catch up during the early hours. However I have not missed a reply that I have been aware of - more likely it's because I haven't been near my PC, know how to use the PM system, you can always catch me on my mobile - numbers etc on the council web site - answer phone and voicemail avaialble daily. :rolleyes: May be is you who is not trying hard enough but hopefully I'm not too trying. :wink::unsure:

Geoff, thanks for the reply to my message and for the clarification... As you witnessed it and took the actual picture at the time I have now 're-approved' all the posts that I took off temporarily so that you can now read them and make notes :wink:

I might remove them again later though so be quick 8)