Dizzy

Important Forum Question

Do you use the Forum/Topic NOTIFICATION facility?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you (or have you) uses the Forum/Topic NOTIFICATION facility?

• Yes I use it and yes I receive my notifications by my chosen method
    • Yes I use it but I DO NOTreceive the notifications I should receive by my chosen method
    • I tried it but then disabled it as it filled my inbox
    • I use the 'Watch Facility' but it is set to send NO NOTIFICATIONS
    • I have never used it
    • What notification facility
    • Other
  2. 2. If you do currently use it please say what notification method you are using - or click N/A

• N/A
    • Email
    • Personal Converstaion
    • Inline Notiifcation
    • Mobile

Just a quick question and please reply....

Does anyone on here use the forum topic/posts 'notification' facility which can send an email, or whatever your chosen method of notification was, to you if a specific topic you are 'watching' gets new comments and you are offline or if a new topic is added under a specific section you are 'watching'?

If so is it currently working ok for you and are you receiving notification ? (Currenly meaning over the past 4 days)

Thanks Dizz

I don't use the notification method as I enjoy coming on to the forum to see what is going on, perhaps because I am retired (and a sad old git) it helps keep me occupied.

I don't use it either for similar reasons... although I'm not retired (obviously) but am a sad and nosey gitess with too much time on my hands these days.

I really need to find someone who actually uses it though..... anyone ?

So why didn't you vote then ?... or was it Algy who didn't vote.

I should have specified that ADMIN and MODS are not allowed to vote cos I need to know from real people :unsure:

As I suspected... Eagle why didn't you vote (or have you now as it's gone up) :lol:

On a poll the creator can't see who votes for what if that is what you are all worried about :P

I don't have a problem using this facility and find it very useful because I like to keep track of what is happening on a thread. :mrgreen:

The only problems I have are remembering to switch it on and the random slowness of my PC - these issues are nothing to do with the feature. 8)

I don't use it either but I did tick the relevant boxes.

What's the prize and when's the winner announced? :rolleyes:

Bill :)

As I suspected... Eagle why didn't you vote (or have you now as it's gone up) :lol:

On a poll the creator can't see who votes for what if that is what you are all worried about :P

Is it compulsory to vote in a poll? As a matter of interest I did vote in this one since it seemed a reasonable question, I don't even read the garbage polls from the resident Gallop.

It's compulsory to vote in mine Eagle :lol::wink:

The prize is.... well you will just have to wait and see Bill :wink:

It's compulsory to vote in mine Eagle :lol::wink:

The prize is.... well you will just have to wait and see Bill :wink:

Doesn't work for me and I've voted - look forward to my prize Dizzy 8)

I have just tried to vote. I selected "I have never used it" then pressed "vote". I got an error message saying "you must cast your vote in each question of the poll"

I have just voted again that I never use it and to avoid getting an Error Message I voted to say I get notifications when I use it. Work that one out! :blink:

Goodness me it's not rocket science Victor... that's why I had to put N/A in the bottom question.

However you have actually used it for about an hour as you were my guinea pig remember? (but it didn't actually work for you). As that was a while ago and only temporary you should of course still click that you never use it :blink:

As for yours Eagle.. trust you :P It does just shows that multi question polls (or indeed questionaires) and the statistics gained from them can easily be misleading or manipulated eh :wink::lol: