Amy Winehouse dead......

Bazj

OUCH.... I managed to refrain from posting something like that so as not to appear to be heartless and no-one knows how she died yet and she was someones daughter/sister/aunt/friend/whatever after all.

I did 'think' it though :wink::oops:

She was a baghead junkie...... no sympathy here I'm afraid.

They might not have said what killed her yet, but if it didn't begin with drink or drugs or the aftermath of...... I'd be very suprised

There are many many terminally ill people out there who would love to have what she has wasted.

She was a baghead junkie...... no sympathy here I'm afraid.

They might not have said what killed her yet, but if it didn't begin with drink or drugs or the aftermath of...... I'd be very suprised

There are many many terminally ill people out there who would love to have what she has wasted.

Your entitled to your own opinion but as you are not an expert medical practitioner what do you base your conclusions on?

Your entitled to your own opinion but as you are not an expert medical practitioner what do you base your conclusions on?

I don't follow your point Geoff..... what conclusions have I come to? all I have said is I would be very suprised if it wasn't drink or drugs that killed her.... as for the terminally ill bit, are you saying there are terminally ill people who wouldn't want the life she has given away if it is self inflicted? I know I would!

I really worry about Geoff :roll: Sure we can all express opinions but being that much out of touch with the views of the majority is concerning (especially for someone with aspirations of representing our views)

Bill :)

I agree with Algy "the death of any young person is sad, whatever the cause"

I feel sorry for Amy Whinehouse to have died at such an early age and I feel sorry for her grieving family but I must admit I find it irritating that the media coverage of one pop stars death has seemed to overshadow the tragic deaths in Norway of so many others whose lives were no less precious.

I really worry about Geoff :roll: Sure we can all express opinions but being that much out of touch with the views of the majority is concerning (especially for someone with aspirations of representing our views)

Still don't get your drift - I did say he is entitled to his and your opinion - i just don't agree with it - my opinion - I'm not forcing it down your necks because I am not like that but i do have an opinion and i will not be put off by your phsychological blackmail. :mrgreen:

"sure we can all express opinions..." so why can't Geoff can't express his opinions on a subject, wildly removed from council affairs, without you having a snipe at his role as a councillor? Was that snipe really called for?

Anyway, as you've made it I'll comment on it,

You say he is "much out of touch with the views of the majority" The majority of whom? and how do you know what the majority think?

Personally I think it's reasuring that at least one of our councillors displays a thought process logical enough to gather the full facts before making any judgement. That kind of mind aids sound decision making!

Course Geoff can express his opinion on Baz’s opinion but what you call “sniping” is simply my opinion on Geoff’s opinion if you get my drift. :roll:

Was it really called for? Well yes I think it was because I believe that anyone who seeks election as a representative of the people should ideally have views broadly in line with that of the public. Geoff may well be a good man but it’d take a huge stretch of my imagination make him the typical man on the street? Good comparison here might be the likes of Rod King?

In any case, from where I sit, this forum is awash with people who seem to make it their mission in life to criticise and call every decision or statement made by certain politicians so what’s the difference here? Sure I don’t normally get involved in the politics but at least I have the balls not to hide behind a silly name and avatar.

I believe that anyone who seeks election as a representative of the people should ideally have views broadly in line with that of the public.

What even when posting and discussing general things in their own time on a public forum, at a party, talking to friends or people in shops or anywhere else in their own time and for things that are nothing at all to do with politics anyway ...... take a chill pill and don't be daft Bill :lol::wink:

.....at least I have the balls not to hide behind a silly name and avatar.

Maybe you should, a little fat lumpy toad would be nice for yours, I have no idea why, it just came to me as I read your post B):lol:

It's because she has died Obs... why do you think :roll:

Sorry, but I'm with obs about this. Grief is a personal thing, and putting flowers where the death was only benefits the flower shops.

Are you telling me that when I die, there will be loads of flowers where the death took place? It is a modern phenomenon that doesn't do anything.

No Peter... I shall put a little pile of home grown potato's, carrots, or runner beans at your 'shrine' as remebrance of your mention of your garden allotment... or maybe a "Computers for Dummy's" or "How to Win Friends and Influence Them" book.

I have to admit though on the TV it showed Amy W's shrine where her fans had left messages of condolence, flowers and BOTTLES OF VODKA !!!

I was starting to go over to Obs's way of thinking after seeing that but then I still don't think here is anything wrong with the small show of flowers from friends and loved ones often seen at the roadside as a mark of love and respect where some poor person has lost their lives.

Anyway let's not detract from the topic eh... :blink:

........Sure I don’t normally get involved in the politics but at least I have the balls not to hide behind a silly name and avatar.

Bill is your name really Bill (like the 'blobadob' fella) or is it a shortened version of something else - possibly 'William'?

I don't think my name is silly and I don't have an atavar. I do find it quite amusing though that you should wonder whether I would be 'hiding' my identity from you (or anyone else for that matter).

I assure you Bill, you do not know me, if you did you would recognise me instantly by what I say. Which you don't, and so even if I gave you my full personal details you would be still non the wiser.

However Bill, I feel sure that should you ever perchance come upon the 'pleasure' of my company then you would recognise me straight away! You would find that I am just as forthright,in fact probably more so in person and am certainly not the 'hiding' type!

I have absolutely no problem with introducing myself to you in person (in fact it might be fun -when's Gary's next forum poster's 'do'?)and should you meet me you may call me what you wish, I get called a lot of things other than my actual name and it doesn't bother me in the least! :D