Air Ambulance lands on Victoria Park.....

Bazj

Not heard of anything. What time was it at ?

Was going to say maybe a bmx'r had been hurt on the skate park or something but they wouldn't need a fire engine for that.

I hope whatever it was that 'whoever' is going to be ok.

Apparently the ambulance was transferring someone to a hospital in Leicester (Not sure where from) the helicopter had a problem and had to land in the park. The patient is being transferred now via road, but isn't expected to make it :(

Hi and thanks for the welcome :). My family live opposite and went over, they got told this by the emergency services on scene.

From the sounds of it the poor patient won't make the journey, such a sad time for the family and thoughts are with them.

Hi and thanks for the welcome :). My family live opposite and went over, they got told this by the emergency services on scene.

From the sounds of it the poor patient won't make the journey, such a sad time for the family and thoughts are with them.

Thanks for the update Mand - welcome to the forum and look forward to some more newshound activity from you :P

Thanks :wink: One flew over here the other day (Tues I think) and at first I thought it was an RAF sea king heli due to the distant yellow colour approaching.

Can the air ambulance fly in the dark or are they restricted to daytime/early dusk?

Not that any of this helps the poor person from last night's incident of course, sorry :oops:

Thanks :wink: One flew over here the other day (Tues I think) and at first I thought it was an RAF sea king heli due to the distant yellow colour approaching.

Can the air ambulance fly in the dark or are they restricted to daytime/early dusk?

Not that any of this helps the poor person from last night's incident of course, sorry :oops:

no not in the dark but the raf can fly in the dark

How do you know it was ?

Anyway back to the ambulance not being able to fly.. does that mean if you are in a really bad accident when it is dark or somewhere remote where it is hard for ambulances to get too your chances of surviving are greatly reduced :shock::(

Why can't the air ambulance fly at night then? The police helicopter does.. doesn't it ??

Fugs appears to have been right. :wink:

The heli that landed at Victoria park was apparently an RAF Seaking like this

rafseaking.jpg

so not the air ambulance or the one in Indie's wonderful video after all.

Gary you should have gone out with your camera as it only went this morning.... infact I would have too as I like seakings :wink:

Fugs appears to have been right. :wink:

The heli that landed at Victoria park was apparently an RAF Seaking like this

rafseaking.jpg

so not the air ambulance or the one in Indie's wonderful video after all.

Gary you should have gone out with your camera as it only went this morning.... infact I would have too as I like seakings :wink:

no night vison goggles you need a permit to fly at night