Mick Curran

Mary

I was emailed today and told that Mick had passed away and I just wanted everyone that was his friend or his foe to know that he will be sadly missed.

He and his wonderful wife Ann were very good to me, when I was over last time, and I was a virtual stranger.

His legacy of caring for others and getting involved with the youth of Warrington I hope has passed to someone worthy of it. He will be missed. :( Rest in Peace Mick

Very sad news indeed Mary.

Mick was a really nice guy with a heart of gold and someone who worked tremendously hard for the community. He definitely was a Community Champion.

As you will know he always rolled up his sleeves when the next challenge presented itself and he would lead by example. He helped people of all ages but as you say especially the young.

He raised a great deal of money for the many community projects he got involved in and has left a lot for people to appreciate and enjoy.

Those who knew him will carry his legacy forward.

Unfortunately Ann has suffered from a recent heart attack but I know that she will appreciate your kind words, they will be echoed by all those who knew Mick.

Yes Mary I to received the email and was saddened to hear about Mick.

I was lucky enough to meet him and Ann at a Poster meet on a trip back to the UK.

They were such a nice couple very friendly and easy to talk to.

He will be missed I am sure by a lot of friends and family. :(

Very sad news indeed. Mick was mentioned by the Mayor at last Monday's full meeting, so I sensed his life was sadly coming to an end. Whilst I might not have shared all of Mick's political views, he was by all accounts a hard working Councillor and community worker, who gave of his best. His heart was in the right place. The world is a lesser place with Mick's passing away. My thoughts are with Mrs Curran and the family at this time.

Mick was a true community champion and one was one of those political characters who was big enough to stand for his own views and those of his community, rather than always follow the party line.

Despite ill health for many years he battled on to the very end.

It was an honour to have known and worked with him on local issues and he will be sadly missed by his family and many friends.

My thoughts are with his family during these difficult times.

We only had the one chance to meet Mick and his wife and we found them both to be very very nice people,we are shocked and stunned to say the least and i share the sentiments of all who have posted previous to me.. a good man who will no doubt be missed by a lot of people..

May you RIP Mick..

Steve and Susanne

I too am sorry to hear of Mick's death.

He was such an approachable realistic person who really did care about the local community, and who did a lot of wonderful work in the area.

His presence at Cinnamon Brow will be sorely missed.

Condolences to his wife and family.

only found out about micks sad passing the other day i did have the honnor of meeting him and found him to be a truely good man he help me with a few problems i had when i moved into the padgate area

i my wife and her son will miss him he was always great to my wifes son whenever he saw him

good bye mick RIP love from john angie and karl

I called in to see Ann tonight and let her know about this thread and the kind words and thoughts contained within. I also mentioned the piece that Gary had wrote.

She remembered well the last Posters meeting at Cinnamon Brow Farm and she told her family about it. Guess whose names should crop up first. Mary from the states and Steve from Germany.

I showed one of the family how to log onto WWW and by now they will have either printed the details off ready for the post or emailed them to Mick?s two sisters in Australia.

Ann was made up with your comments and wishes you all well.

[ 03.11.2007, 07:51: Message edited by: Geoff Settle ]

I've just remembered when I told Ann about Gary's article mentioning his 2,700+ posts she told me that he got a great deal of enjoyment from posting.

I know that when I went around to see him he always had the PC on and we would often chat about the latest comments etc. He loved his duals with Obs.

I knew that when I first suggested that he join the forum he would take to it and he certainly did.

Originally posted by Geoff Settle:

I've just remembered when I told Ann about Gary's article mentioning his 2,700+ posts she told me that he got a great deal of enjoyment from posting.

I know that when I went around to see him he always had the PC on and we would often chat about the latest comments etc. He loved his duals with Obs.

I knew that when I first suggested that he join the forum he would take to it and he certainly did.

An incredible feat by someone who could only type with two fingers.

He will be sadly missed on here.

Standing room only and several posters there to pay their last respects.

It's amazing how you learn new info about someone at their funeral.

Just discovered what a die hard Man Utd fan Mick was - yet I never had a crossed word with him.

Just goes to show United and Liverpool fans can get on in harmony!