Walton Gardens Car Park Charges and Dogs

Dizzy

Went to Walton Gardens early this morning to give my pooch a run off the lead in the hope that she would learn to come back... as recommended by another doggy person.

Had a great time and it worked a treat as there were no distractions as it was empty, great wooded area to play in, little squirrels to watch and was perfectly safe for her.

Down side was it cost me ?1.50 to park and I was only there for about an hour :roll:

Mr Blue Coat was wizzing round the almost empty car park on his moped too :o

Anyone know anywhere similar where I can go that's local, suitable for a energetic pup, not near any roads and is free to park?

Dismayed.

There is a free car park near to the reservoir at Walton, its on the far side of the golf course but we use it all the time when we take our dogs out, it opens at 9am and the closing time various depending on the seasons i.e it around 4:30 at the moment but close around 9pm in the lighter late spring and summer evenings.

John

Wanting to get my moneys worth (with my car park ticket that is valid until 11.59pm tonight)... I dragged the family and dog back to WG at 5ish.

Luckily we spotted the sign.... the barriers are locked and the car park CLOSES at 5.45pm

How stupid is that and can I get a refund as I've been duped out of 6hrs and 14 minutes parking :D:wink:

[ 25.02.2008, 19:39: Message edited by: Dismayed ]

Thanks all but

Legion :D but never heard of Peel Hall Park or Radley Common where are they?

JayC :D Will try that car park out cheers. Can you get onto Walton Gardens from there... the golfers would not be inpressed with us on the golf course.. she's a definate ball chaser :D but a bit too near roads for the time being although she'd love the res after launching herself in the canal twice :D Will try Sankey out too.

Oh to have more time on my hands and thanks all for your suggestions :D

Dismayed.

If you walk left out of the car park towards the reservoir (about 1/4 of a mile) and take the 1st left the entrance to Walton Gardens is on the left you go in past the golf course but on the other side of the fence so she will be fine , you come out just above the bowling green and next to the hall.

With regards to Sankey Valley I walk my 2 dogs there every evening come rain or shine its great lots of room for them.

John

Dismayed

According to last week's Guardian, car parking costs are being increased as part of WBC's never ending strategy to bleed us dry. So it will cost you even more to park at Walton Gardens. They are also considering increasing Funeral costs. So, get rid of your car and your dog and live until you are 100. That'll show them !!!!

Got no idea as she was an abandoned pup from the dogs home!! She's got 4 legs, a tail, big ears, looks like a dingo and is a pain in the **** on a lead !

Too much energy and yet really chilled in the house.

Oh to go on Dog Borstal or to know what we are doing would be cool. Know any good dog trainers as I'm sure we are the problem :D

Shes a little love though and hasn't got a nasty bone in her body and loves to play... she just completely ignores me unless it suits her... bit like the rest of my family :D:D

Seems like they are trying to impound cars too :D

Went to WG again today but parked near the canal for free :D

Walked past the pedestrian access to the WG overspill car park/field which is next to the main car park.

Big sign on the pedestrian access saying the overspill car park closes at 6.30pm.

How odd as to get into/out of it you have to drive though the main car park which closes at 5.45pm.

Figure that one out but it did make me laugh :D

[ 26.02.2008, 22:16: Message edited by: Dismayed ]