Most Irritating Add on TV

algy

Is this some kind of reverse phsycology to win customers over?

Voted one of the most annoying television adverts of the year, it’s difficult to forget GoCompare’s “opera singer” advert and character creation “Gio Compario”. But the Welsh born opera singer – Wynne Evans – and acclaimed opera performer in his own right before the GoCompare advert, has gone into hiding.

It's a good hiding he wants I can tell yer.

Go compare ads drive me mad and really annoy me but my other half thinks they are great... WEIRDO !! I don;t think the chap has done his singing career a lot of good but then again maybe he didn't have one and must have made a lot of money through the daft ads.

But then I think all the Direct line ones are really funny and I even just watched some on youtube after you mentioned them SL... many of which I'd never seen :oops::lol: I guess I'm weird too.

Another one I like is this one.... sorry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEhvrDuRV0w

I find most adverts irritating, although some are quite amusing. Advertising must work, otherwise companies would not spend millions of pounds trying to convince us that we need their products. However, I can't recall ever buying anything that I have seen advertised on TV. Has anyone else ?

Not that I can actually remember buying and that's a really good question Victor and has got me thinking !

Going back to when my laddo was young we did buy things when he/we were constantly bombarded with the latest toys and fads via tv adverts but that was years ago.

I remember corn flakes being advertised about 40 odd years ago, so I went and baught some yesterday. So it payed off for Kellogs and they certainly got their moneysworth out of me din't they? Pity they stopped giveing those military band figures of Guardsmen away with each packet though.