Creamfields

wolfie

Which makes the 'report' even more incredible. Were you there Paul - if so you will know that your Lib- Dem opponent was there and made a point of letting the room know - if only to say the impending election meant that he could not say anything :lol:

I was there Pedro, and I noted what he said......I guess because I was there. He obviously decided that it was more important to be at that meeting rather than at the full Council meeting. :wink:

"Interesting" piece about him in the Warrington G this week, seems he's been a bit naughty....and been collared...or should that be cuffed.

So Paul, do you think the Guardian report reflected the feelings of the majority at the meeting - probably 50 or so and spread between five parishes ?? - or are you not allowed to comment with the impending election ?? pity if that's the case, you might just been able to make this floating voter make his mind up (afraid I'm agin politics in local government). Personally, I though the meeting was constructive and going well until the farmer and his wife temporarily highjacked things and the chairperson did not call the meeting to order. I think Bennett Junior will have had something to say when he heard what had gone on - has managed to keep a low profile over last two years and left Lord D to take the flack - but now I think most people know how much of the land needed for the concert he owns.

I think the intervention by Mr & Mrs Bennett was both unwise and allowed to continue for far too long, and did not add, indeed detracted, to what I thought was a good meeting, where Jim King took on board and will/should hopefully act upon real and valid concerns/suggestions of the residents.

I am actually in discussions with the Cream Group given that I am a candidate for HS & W, and if elected would work for the residents to "manage" the effects on them of the event as best as I could.

Clearly the difficulty is that the licence is granted by Halton but it is Warrington residents who are subject to its effects.

Well I for one am quite looking forward to this years event. I understand that there is an inconvenience to those living close by the site, but think about the revenue that the town gets from this event. The last event spread into the town centre with a type of carnival atmosphere emerging from the party goers have a fun, controlled time around the skittles on their way through the centre of town to the site at Daresbury.

If the town gets so much revenue from this event, why does my poll tax keep going up??