Notifications

Wirewire

As far as I'm aware, I've selected all the right profiles so that I should get notifications when a new topic is posted, when someone replies to a topic I've posted on and when I receive a PM.

This all worked perfectly well on the "old site", but since the "new site" has been up and running I don't receive any notifications at all.

Ideas??

I've never used that 'watch and notify me' of replies facility either on the old or new forum.

I'll try it now and see if it works for me though and I'll report back..... can someone please reply though :oops::D

You havent changed your email address have you or maybe they are landing in your spam folder.

I'll send you a pm too so watch out for notification of that.

I've never used that 'watch and notify me' of replies facility either on the old or new forum.

I'll try it now and see if it works for me though and I'll report back..... can someone please reply though :oops::D

You havent changed your email address have you or maybe they are landing in your spam folder.

I'll send you a pm too so watch out for notification of that.

There you go I have replied! :unsure:

... and I received an email telling me you had :D So seems to work ok for me Wirewire.

I set mine to notify immediately (ie regardless of whether I was on her or not).

I'm going to take my notification off now as it sorts of spols the fun of not knowing who's replied or posted on things... and Obs and Lt K would fill my email inbox with their endless banter :lol:

I got you pm Wirewire and have just replied to it with some more suggestions and questions :blink: ...

Bit odd that you didn't receive notification of my message too as I received notification of yours.

Check out the things I said in the pm and if that doesn't work reply with the info I asked.

Also... are you 'watching' certan individual topics or a whole board like Local Issues.

If it's an individual topic you should receive notification when a new post is made...

If it's a whole board like 'Local issues' you only receive notification when a NEW TOPIC is added.

Which is why I've been sat here for an hour wondering why I got no notifications on Local Issues (I didn't read the small print first time OOPS)

Still doesn't explain why you aren't getting message notifications though either eh.

Maybe ADMIN could help as I can't see much from my end now !!!

Ta... received your pm too and have replied.

Wait until you see me online at the same time as you (see bottom of main forum page for who's online) before we try what I said in my message so we can be quick then you can reset your profile setting again :wink:

GARY... I have just added you as a participant to the pm conversation between Wirewire and myself so you can read everything else we tried which is not listed on here.

After 2 days of trying everything including WW turning off all notification and resetting them, changing his email address incase it was that, setting his profile settings to exactly the same as mine by and 101 other things it now does not seem to be a problem with only Wirewire's account at all though as I just used Victor as a guinea pig and it DOES NOT work for him either.

Wirewire and Victor receive

No message notifications whatsoever,

No emails received when sent via the forum facility (we allowed email to be visible temporarily)

No copy of conversation received when clicking the 'send copy of conversation to my email) option

They are both in the same 'group' and obviously you and I aren't which could explain why it all works for us and not them.

Anyway read the conversation when you have some time and maybe pass to your techies.

Ta :)