Did Adolf Hitler Visit Liverpool?

algy

Attempting a little project - Did Adolf Hitler Visit Liverpool.

There is a great deal of conjecture but very little to substantiate the story.

Part Extract from - Mike Roydens History Pages.

According to the highly respected biographer of Hitler, Sir Ian Kershaw, of Sheffield University, "Adolf Hitler was the fourth son of his father's third marriage. His father was also called Alois. The second marriage produced a boy and a girl and the son was Alois jnr., Hitler's elder half brother, who was a bit of a ne'er do well and a wastrel and who had already been in prison twice for theft, before he went to Ireland via Paris around 1909. There he met a young Irish woman called Bridget Dowling and the following year they were married in London, then set up house in Liverpool". According to her so-called memoirs, in 1912 he was visited by his younger half-brother Adolf who got off a train at Lime Street Station before spending the best part of five months spending his time wandering around the docks and so on, not learning any English and eventually going back to Vienna in April 1913. :blink:

Hitler decreed that Blackpool would never be bombed as he intended using it as major recuperation resort for his victorious troops after they had invaded and conquored Britain. Maybe he had been there while residing in Liverpool?.

Oooh... Dizzy dilema... :oops:

As funny as it was I'm not sure whether is really suitable or allowed on here Algy due to the constant f's even though you did give a warning :oops:<_<

I could be wrong though but it's just my initial gut feeling :huh:

Oooh... Dizzy dilema... :oops:

As funny as it was I'm not sure whether is really suitable or allowed on here Algy due to the constant f's even though you did give a warning :oops:<_<

I could be wrong though but it's just my initial gut feeling :huh:

On reflection Dizz I believe you are correct I have deleted the links, my imagination and enthusiasm run away with me at times, apologies all round. :oops: