Warrington in the 60s

fugtifino

A friend of mine is working on this project which will culminate in a exhibition at Warrington Museum. She'd be very grateful for any stories, tales, photographs, memorabilia, resources, anything basically.

Post here or email "claire@warringtonvc.org.uk"

Thanks folks.

I was only a tot so other than the odd old LP lurking and a few photo's of a local Warrington Group/Band of the time who used to frequent the local stages I'm afraid I have no recollection or memorabilia myself. Will ask around though.

As for resources.... I just posted a link about Winwick Hospital (no current copyright).... and there's some really interesting info and photo's on there from the 60's if that is any use.

Probably not... but if so if it is maybe polite to contact the owner of the website first :wink:

Sorry I can't help out on this one as we got married in 1962 so I wasn't a loose cannon, I seemed to spend most of my time working lots of overtime to try to gather a comfortable home together, when i did managed to get a Saturday off I used to travel down to Molineux to watch Wolves play. The 50s' was my area, Teddy boys, suede shoes, finger tip length jackets and string ties with James Deane being the girls heart throb with Sophia Loren for the blokes and Johnnie Ray and Peggy Lee the singers of the era, sorry fug this is not helping your friend at all. :oops:

A friend of mine is working on this project which will culminate in a exhibition at Warrington Museum. She'd be very grateful for any stories, tales, photographs, memorabilia, resources, anything basically.

Post here or email "claire@warringtonvc.org.uk"

Thanks folks.

A good source of in depth information for your friend can be found here - 'My Warrington' a good site for memories of Warrington. When on the 'Home' page clk on the 'Memory Lane' button there is quite a bit on the 1960s'

http://www.mywarrington.me.uk/index.htm

Sorry I can't help out on this one as we got married in 1962 so I wasn't a loose cannon, I seemed to spend most of my time working lots of overtime to try to gather a comfortable home together, when i did managed to get a Saturday off I used to travel down to Molineux to watch Wolves play. The 50s' was my area, Teddy boys, suede shoes, finger tip length jackets and string ties with James Deane being the girls heart throb with Sophia Loren for the blokes and Johnnie Ray and Peggy Lee the singers of the era, sorry fug this is not helping your friend at all. :oops:

Those were the days. :wink: and Friday nights at St Thomas's church hall when the ted's came from Westy and coppers were built like brick ********** :D

Well have had a good scout through the albums and so far haven't found one that depicts any era of the sixties. Plenty before that era and quite a few after. Seems like taking pictures in the sixties took second place to something else.

Problem for me is that I was three years old at the start of the sixties and thirteen by the end of it. Just when I was at an age to appreciate all those short skirts they went out of fashion for the maxi. :cry:

• 2 weeks later...