Presidents Cup

eve stik leauge say all at step 4 ie warrington town wont be playing in the presidents cup next season i think its a good move by the leauge town play too meny cup games

The Presidents cup has been abolished completely - it was only for Step 4 clubs from the Evo-Stik league.

Warrington Town was one of many clubs who voted for it to be axed as we face too many fixtures in an over loaded season.

We have also withdrawn from the Liverpool Senior Cup which also interrupted the league season.

Our main aim for the forthcoming season is promotion, hopefully with decent runs in the FA Cup and FA Trophy.

We also still have the League Cup and Cheshire Cup as well - and not forgetting the Peace Cup - so still plenty to play for! :D

aaaawww I am going to miss the annual trip to st helens/skem in the Liverpool Senior Cup, not!!!

No seriously, think thats a good move, we do play far too many games, despite going out of most cups too early. Lets hope this will give the lads a break when they need it during the season.

C'mon you Yellows

Wouldnt have been able to pull out of the cheshire cup as the club is members of the Cheshire FA

Good move by the management though, far too many games, pointless & worthless cup competitions do not help attract fans to the club (unless a semi final or final) looking forward to playing more meaningful games with 3 points at stake this season not another 1st round of a cup no-one has any interest in.

Shaping up for a good season, just need the new signings announced and fixtures to plan ahead now

Wouldnt have been able to pull out of the cheshire cup as the club is members of the Cheshire FA

Good move by the management though, far too many games, pointless & worthless cup competitions do not help attract fans to the club (unless a semi final or final) looking forward to playing more meaningful games with 3 points at stake this season not another 1st round of a cup no-one has any interest in.

Shaping up for a good season, just need the new signings announced and fixtures to plan ahead now

From all accounts the head groundsman and leading scorer have both gone to Salford to rub shoulders with the infamous Mr Giggs! :shock:

Not excatly the best way to kick off a new season without the two most important people at the club - the groundsman and the leading goal scoerer! :blink:

but are town members of liverpool fa as well or have town resigned from liverpool fa

So what cups are we in? I want us to do well in some Mickey Mouse cup that isn't the northern Ireland friendly. Please :)

From all accounts the head groundsman and leading scorer have both gone to Salford to rub shoulders with the infamous Mr Giggs! :shock:

I only realized Giggsy was Giggsies brother after the game, I thought I'd seen him before.

Was Salmon our leading scorer...?

Erm... ouch. :|

Not excatly the best way to kick off a new season without the two most important people at the club - the groundsman and the leading goal scoerer! :blink:

The Insider I dont think this is the right time to start critising the staff and management before the season has started!! Yes its disapointing to lose them both at this stage but as fans we are all looking forward to the start of the season and full of confidence in any decision that is made. There is time yet and I am pretty sure these decisions where made well before now so all will be revealed shortly I am sure

In Joey We Trust!! In Warrington Town we support

The Insider I dont think this is the right time to start critising the staff and management before the season has started!! Yes its disapointing to lose them both at this stage but as fans we are all looking forward to the start of the season and full of confidence in any decision that is made. There is time yet and I am pretty sure these decisions where made well before now so all will be revealed shortly I am sure

This isn't an Aston Villa forum or a Birmingham forum, so calm down mate. :wink:

• Upvote 1

This isn't an Aston Villa forum or a Birmingham forum, so calm down mate. :wink:

What is there to calm down about? The post was not in any way malicious, just stating my point.

The Insider is a (cant say the word but everyone knows what I want to say) and just likes picking up on scraps to make a big deal out of it.

Clarkey97 - how is stating that I am looking forward to the new season, trust in our clubs staff needing to be calmed down?? Do wonder why I bother posting on things sometimes

ER excuse me - where am I criticising anyone - I am just stating what I have heard from a reliable source at Salford and stating that it isn't exactly a good way to start the season - that is a fact - not criticising anyone.

If I was to criticise something it would be the inadequate number of pre-season friendlies.

Take a look at Salford's website and you will see a list of pre-season friendlies to die for :mrgreen:

What is there to calm down about? The post was not in any way malicious, just stating my point.

The Insider is a (cant say the word but everyone knows what I want to say) and just likes picking up on scraps to make a big deal out of it.

Clarkey97 - how is stating that I am looking forward to the new season, trust in our clubs staff needing to be calmed down?? Do wonder why I bother posting on things sometimes

Picking on scraps and making a big deal out of it :huh:

I do wonder why you bother posting sometimes :twisted:

• Upvote 1

It will be interesting to see if there has been much change to the team in the closed season. I have to agree that Salmon will not be missed even if he was leading scorer, he was lazy and got caught offside far too often.

Looking forward to the start of the season but unfortunately will miss out on the friendlies as wll be on holiday.

So what cups are we in? I want us to do well in some Mickey Mouse cup that isn't the northern Ireland friendly. Please :)

I only realized Giggsy was Giggsies brother after the game, I thought I'd seen him before.

Was Salmon our leading scorer...?

Erm... ouch. :|

clerkey97 re towns cups town are in fa cup fa trophy cheshire sinor cup leauge cup the peace cup thats it unless ive missed one out but someone will know

Gavin looked the most dangerous forward when he was selected although his form did dip during the season the amount of goals we scored last year was poor compared with the rest of the league we never looked like scoring . It was a good job we had a good defence. Heard a whisper that Witton Albion are after Chris Gaugen and Mike Tomo if so Tomo will be missed as we can see when he was missing through the last few games which we never won has anyone else heard this?

Gavin looked the most dangerous forward when he was selected although his form did dip during the season the amount of goals we scored last year was poor compared with the rest of the league we never looked like scoring . It was a good job we had a good defence. Heard a whisper that Witton Albion are after Chris Gaugen and Mike Tomo if so Tomo will be missed as we can see when he was missing through the last few games which we never won has anyone else heard this?

I am sure you will hear lots of whispers but no players can be signed on before July 1st unless they are given contracts - so anything you read about signings for other clubs is probably complete rubbish.

I am sure you will hear lots of whispers but no players can be signed on before July 1st unless they are given contracts - so anything you read about signings for other clubs is probably complete rubbish.

Can't agree that Gavin was lazy as such. His form did dip and at times he lost his way, sometimes seeming disinterested. I just think that age is starting to catch up with him, meeaning he was most effective later in the season from the bench. Most of his goals came early in the season. He ended on 17, two ahead of Chris Thompson. I'd thank Gavin for his time, he was so strong in attack for many games, but I can see that perhaps his contribution to an improving side might now be less than in the past. He'll do a job for Salford if he ends up there, but can you really see him featuring regularly in a promotion/championship chasing side. Perhaps not any longer. Best of luck Gav, unless in opposition fo course.