Thread to practice formatting on the New Look forum

fugtifino

Afraid I don't like the new format at all.

Well as our most prolific poster we need to know why you don't like something which is more modern, in keeping with the vast majority of other forums and has many more features.

I am sure after another 20,000 plus posts you will get used to it :wink: Although we may change it again.

You will find all the tings you enjoyed about the other forum are still here - just takes a while to find them! :unsure:

Well Obs is the poster with the top number of posts and regardless of that everyones view counts even if they are old and grumpy eh Obs :lol:.....

So what don't you like about it and why? You seemed to miss the grand launch and didn't post for a while so maybe it's because you are a few days behind the rest of us and we have all got used to the 'newness' and changes.

You know what they say about change though.... it's better than a rest and keeps the old brain cells more active :wink:

Would be good if you stopped posting asap though so that way I've only got to do another 6202 posts to take over your top spot :shock::wink:

Ok helpful head back on.....

Bill currently you have your face as your avatar image.

In your actual profile you have a different photo (ie your face and your body posing in some exotic looking location) and that one seems to be ok.

Irrelevant but I just thought I'd mention it so you knew I had botherd to look.

So back to your avatar.... Did you delete your old one before attempting to put your new slimmer one on ?

Mine was widescreen too at first and I fixed it by simply copying (ctrl +c) the existing image code for my avatar from my profile settings page.

I then clicked DELETE AVATAR... then pasted (ctrl +c) the copied original image code back and it worked.

OR... simply delete your current one then upload it again (I couldn't do mine that way because someone else created mine for me and it is not sotred on my PC ie I only have their direct link).

Either should work for you though... hopefully :blink:

PS I would have done it for you but I can't I'm afraid.

A Ah!

The clue was in the word Avatar!

In the past there was only one picture that doubled as profile and avatar but the new board uses two seperate images. And BTW it's exactly the same picture but its just not zoomed in on my mug. :wink:

Bill :)

Quite probably :lol::lol:

I changed my keyboard and it still happens so it's either old age, doing too much at the same time, too many years and too much time using a pc, the weird uncontrollable twitch in my left hand index finger (which is really annoying me now)..................... or too much wine :lol:

Whatever it is it's not right eh..... Is there a doctor in the house :shock::lol: