new forum hooray

Evil Sid

So far i like the new forum

A bit miffed that my profile picture seems to have been shrunk vertically and stretched horizontally though. :angry: Makes me look like a dumpling.

Also noted that when i looked at one of the posts that contained a picture about a third off the post disappeared off the right side of the screen, unlike the old forum that seemed somehow to re-size them so that they fit into the post.

Still early though and no doubt there will be other niggles and teething problems.

do like the new smilies and will have to have a play with some of the other enhancements in the near future. hope i don't break the forum though :unsure:

ha HA managed to sort out my avatar so i look more like meself

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far i like the new forum

A bit miffed that my profile picture seems to have been shrunk vertically and stretched horizontally though. :angry: Makes me look like a dumpling.

Also noted that when i looked at one of the posts that contained a picture about a third off the post disappeared off the right side of the screen, unlike the old forum that seemed somehow to re-size them so that they fit into the post.

Still early though and no doubt there will be other niggles and teething problems.

do like the new smilies and will have to have a play with some of the other enhancements in the near future. hope i don't break the forum though :unsure:

ha HA managed to sort out my avatar so i look more like meself

Think you must have been on a crash diet myself! :D

Excellent improvement, now in line with most other forums I visit. I managed to upload the photo direct from my laptop although it rejected my first attempt stating that the file was too large, this one is 1046x821 probably have been better reducing the size to 840x659. Handy if the moderators could give guidance regarding max size.

Added after viewing uploaded photo, not sure about photo display as it appears in the post as a thumbnail which when opened up gives a large version of the picture, perhaps too big, juries out on this one :unsure:

Going to attempt another photo uplad at a reduced size.

Thanks for the positive feedback - can't believe Dizzy hasn't commented yet - presume she must be still working out how to make a post! :twisted::rolleyes:

You are a cheeky bugger today aren't you Gary, I was going to let you off for your first one of the day as obviously you were giddy with excitement but I've changed my mind now so payback time :lol:

I have been out all afternoon but I did log on outside the Wolves shop on my mobile just after 4pm and it looked very good. I am now home and trying it for real for the first time.

So first initial points and questions (which are not about spammers :-PB) )

how do I change my time zone as the posts are 1 hour in front when viewed on my pc and 1 hour behind on my mobile. Not bothered about mobile though. Edit... now sorted.. found under settings on profile page :)

I did prefer it when the photos were shown larger in the posts though and you could just scroll down and view them but but on a plus note at least we can now click to enlarge... and even save too.

Many of our avatars have gone a little odd and blurry and mine looks ill.

All the topics have a little coloured arrow next to them to show they haven't been read so is there a quick way to get rid of these to make it easier to see when new posts/topics are added other than clicking the little latest comment box on the right. Edit... now sorted by clicking on the topic section eg 'Local Issues' then marking whole forum section as read via the 'mark as read' link on the right hand side of the dark blue heading bar :)

It is much better though and no more adverts on the forum pages after you told me off and I enabled them on my pc page adverts.

ADDITION..... This box doesn't seem to like long posts and keeps jumping up a few lines as I'm typing this. I can only get to the point I want to type by using the up/down arrow if I am quick are and dont use the scroll bar or move my mouse. Note to myself SOLUTION.... don't type such long blummin posts [Edit... cant stop it and it also happens in full editor mode:)

And I wasn't too keen on the tesco special burrito meal 'thing' I had for tea though

bits in red added incase it helps anyone else :)

All the topics have a little coloured arrow next to them to show they haven't been read so is there a quick way to get rid of these to make it easier to see when new posts/topics are added other than clicking the little latest comment box on the right.

It's ok I've done it... I didn't notice the 'mark this forum as read' option on the section title bar. I should have looked properly first :oops::lol:

Excellent now that I can see when new ones appear... hurrah.

Dizzy is HAPPY smiley-happy035.gif

Fantastic that the site is now using Invision Power Board, it really is fantastic software with lots of great features, solid security, modern look.

I used to do volunteer support when I was at college and University when it was free software. Being paid software has helped take it to new levels though and the next version 3.2 is even better.

Shame that Facebook or Twitter register/login doesn't seem to be enabled.

Welcome to the (new) forum Lister.... First day so maybe a couple of little teething problems but the facebook logon link seems to work fine for me.

Looking forward to having some chats with you on here. Join in... have fun... and enjoy :D

What a fantastic new look to the forum and website - this is certainly the number one place for news and gossip.

Also amazing that you can still log in with your old deatils. A lot of hard work must have gone into this.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

Can't even find a forum on that other news website :unsure:

Yo TLC, with a picture like that you must need stroking and lots of cuddles.

Dizzy, have you noticed that we have been demoted? with no dialogue from the boss as to whether we take a drop in salary and less holidays. And how come these posters jump in at 3 star? :blink::shock::roll:

Yep we've been demoted maybe we were naughty. But I'm still on £25 per active hour Peter so you should be too. By the end of the week you should be able to buy a cream egg :P

Not sure about the strange new 'staff' header though... we could get all sorts of abuse now :lol: Staff have rights though and everones seen it in print next to our names now... so I may be off sick tomorrow and I need an ergonomic computer chair, a new clear monitor to prevent eye strain and a supply of wine and twigletts 8)