Serious incident - Rylands street

Tilly

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, same as any other town at the moment, maybe if you looked in other towns local news, you see exactly the same thing.

fire arm robberys

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=133951&command=newPage

Boys stone bus, and shopkeeper stabs mugger with own knife to death

http://icseftonandwestlancs.icnetwork.co.uk/skelmersdaleadvertiser/news/

AN ELDERLY couple were burgled minutes after fending the crooks off at their front door.

http://www.runcornandwidnesworld.co.uk/news/

Police on horse patrol to curb problem youths

plus cemetrys set alight

http://www.boltoneveningnews.co.uk/news/

you were saying...

just google anytown followed by news to read their local paper, I bet you can't find one large town even upto half the size of warrington that does not have a headline of yob youth and murder.

Wouldn't need to go that far, but by putting them in appropriate locations anybody who enters of leaves the town centre would be recorded.

Personally I'm not pro CCTV...with a few exceptions, we have far too many in the UK, many which breach Data Protection rules.

Severe penalties tend to deter crime not CCTV....as do more police on the streets particularly questioning people who are roaming around in the early hours of the morning. :wink:

[ 29.02.2008, 14:49: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]

Just knowing somebody was in the town centre on the night of a crime would just narrow down the search to one in many thousands Paul and thus be worthless when it came to prosecuting a crime or providing evidence for court. I don't see the difference in a police officer watching me with his eyes and a police officer watching me with a camera, and the camera provides proof not just an officers word for what happened. If you do nothing wrong the cameras have no negative effect on you whatsoever.

Originally posted by Peter:

You haven't missed much.

It was the Rodney King beating in LA by the police, that was splashed all over the media some time ago.

Methinks that some people watch/play too many violent games.

What do you mean by violent games Peter? you have me stumped. The clip shows what police "bouncing" someone is like which is what Observer was advocating. This did not end any problems but caused a whole lot more.

Possibly because of your interpretation of what observer meant. You made an assumption and showed a horrific case to support that assumption.

It's not for me to say what he is thinking, but I am in agreement that all these problems should be dealt with rapidly and expediently, which is something that doesn't happen.

It's time that people were aware of the consequences of their actions.

Originally posted by Peter:

Possibly because of your interpretation of what observer meant. You made an assumption and showed a horrific case to support that assumption.

It's not for me to say what he is thinking, but I am in agreement that all these problems should be dealt with rapidly and expediently, which is something that doesn't happen.

It's time that people were aware of the consequences of their actions.

And from this you assume that I play or watch violent games??? That is a real piece of assumption right there Peter. If what I posted is an assumption of what Observer said tell me how I could have interpreted differently given the words"Unleash the riot police", "Wade into incidents with batons flaying" "a couple of weeks of draconian discipline" and "bounce these nomarks" all appear in the quotes by Observer. The video I posted a link to is horrible but it depicts the unleashed police wading in with batons flaying, and could be construed as Draconian discipline but pardon me for being so presumptive. I too am in favour of sorting out the problems we face in this town especially with young thugs in and around the town centre but I don't feel turning the police into a gang of club wielding judge,jury and executioners is the right way to go.