The Railway in Latchford Village.

Peter T

It's getting converted into offices and shops, they are doing a big job on it and to a high standard, was in there a few weeks back and it was completly gutted

They would be further along if the buggers didn't keep nicking the lead from the roof

Probably one of the few interesting buildings of historical and architectural interest remaining in Warrington worth saving, I can't find any information stating that it is a listed building although it appears on Warrington Borough Councils 2006 9th Jan. EXECUTIVE BOARD REPORT BY THE STRATEGIC DIRECTOR OF ENVIRONMENT SERVICES - LIST OF LOCALLY IMPORTANT BUILDINGS AND

STRUCTURES OF ARCHITECTURAL OR HISTORIC

INTEREST . Planning permission was applied for in 2009 (refused) by someone named Lloyd to turn it into offices with four bedroom accomodation

Here is a link showing Grade II listed structures in the Warrington Area (ignore the reference to Birchwood) clk highlighted title for information on the structure.

http://www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/england/cheshire/warrington

The Railway hotel in it's early days

1900sLatchfordVillage-Copy.jpg

here's a lovely recent photo of it.

The Railway - Latchford, Warrington

If it's only locally listed forget it as that means nothing in the councils eyes :cry::roll:

But... I would be interested to know what IS happening to it and by who if planning permision was refused and kemik is right that it is being converted into offices and shops.

Surely if its going from a pub to shops/offices then planning permission would be needed to change ot from category A4 (pub) to category A1 (shop) or B1 (business)

At least they are not knocking it down and as long as they dont ruin the outside it will still look 'interesting' and be a feature of the village.

What was it like inside? Were there any nice architectural features of interest inside before they gutted it :?

Well I just looked and you DO NOT need planning permission to change use from class A4 (drinking establishment) to classes A1 (shop) or A2 (Financial and Professional Services) or A3 (Restaurants and Cafes)

Wonder how long it will be before the bedrooms/flats appear above the shops :wink: There are 'certain' ways around things without the need for planning you know :lol:

INTEREST . Planning permission was applied for in 2009 (refused) by someone named Lloyd to turn it into offices with four bedroom accomodation

Well I had a look just out of interest (luckily the planning application documents are still they and weren't destroyed with all the others) :lol:

Planning ref 2009/14334 if you want to view the plans via the councils planning portal Peter :wink:

No mention of 4 bedroom accomodation that I noticed though Algy, but I didn't read it all thoroughly :?

Anyway... the submitted Planning application had two schemes

Scheme 1 - change of use from original A4 (pub + ancilary + residentail+office) to B1 (offices)

Scheme 2 - change of use from A4 (pub + ancilary + residentail+office) to A1 (retail +A3/A5 (Restaurant and Takeaway) + B1 (offices)

Initial planning application and both schemes were refused by WBC due to lack of parking and policies DCS1, LUT1 and LUT20 of the UDP.

The applicant then Appealed against the refusal decisions to the planning inspectorate........

Appeal against scheme 2 refused

Appeal against scheme 1 allowed and APPROVED with conditions.

So therefore it should be being converted into offices use only (ie no shops)

The outside of the building is not really being changed apart from a few small alterations (they say) which is good to hear and better than it being boarded up and rotting away eh :D

Yep I was bored again :oops::lol:

Sorry Algy but that is the one I looked at... there was no other planning application as they appealed againg the one which was refused. I probably just missed it but now you have forced me to want to look again :blink:

• 7 years later...

Aww this thread being 'resurected' after all these years brought a tear to my eye when I read it. 

Started by Peter T and his was the last comment too before Friday.

I miss Peter T...he was such a lovely chap even when he occasionally got grumpy on here and we all battled it out lol.  The good old days <3

RIP Peter T....you are still always here with us though in forum 'spirit' x    

• Upvote 1

On 10/9/2018 at 12:59 AM, Dizzy said:

Aww this thread being 'resurrected' after all these years brought a tear to my eye when I read it. 

Started by Peter T and his was the last comment too before Friday.

I miss Peter T...he was such a lovely chap even when he occasionally got grumpy on here and we all battled it out lol.  The good old days <3

RIP Peter T....you are still always here with us though in forum 'spirit' x    

Yes Peter T is sadly missed along with many other posters who are now no longer with us - but living on in spirit on here!

• Upvote 1