Car Insurance?

observer

Lets make it clear, I DEFEND claims not pursue them.

As i said costs are fixed at the first instance and thus the current palaver is somewhat misplaced. Secondly the whole system is currenlty under review and has been for at least a year and the current government have already agreed that the review will be implemented. Referral fees however is subejct to a seperate review where the industry is split and not necessarily along the ususal Claimant / Defendant lines.

As for the NHS / Insurance discrepancy, this is because once diagnosing whiplash, the NHS rarely get involved in treatment. This is usualy undertaken privatley and claimed off the insurer. Hence the differential.

As for evidence of the same. If the GP / A&E Consultant or independent medical expert says its whiplash, the courts will accept it. If Jack Straw is so adamant that the same doesnt exist, then its up to the medical industry to stop diagnosing it.

If you ban Condditional Fee Agreements (no win no fee is a largely inaccurate media description) then you have a huge funding issue for people with genuine injuries to fund their solcitors costs. The alternative is simply pay, have before the event insurance or fund by way of paying part of your damages to the lawyer (see USA). The latter may well arrive here very soon.

Any questions then fire away

Adrian..... it is all a racket. Insurance is a racket, no win no fee is a racket, selling details is a racket and all are designed to screw money out of honest hard working peoples pockets and to stick it in the pockets of insurance companies, solicitors and chavs.

We never had this nonsense 20 years ago and we certainly don't need it now. With cars being ever safer, accidents reducing.... the rackets continue.

I have a friend whose son lives in America (home of the rip of solictors and suing the arse off everything that moves....) Danny is 23 and drives a Crown Victoria Ex-LAPD pursuit vehicle. It is souped up, has bull bars and flashing lights and even a gun rack in the back.....it has a 4.6 litre engine and is capable of speeds in excess of 150 mph (although it is limited to 120)

He pays £480.00 a year insurance

Nuff said!

post-508-0-47083200-1309503276_thumb.jpg

Brother had this motor and it only cost him half that much for insurance.

5 ltr V8 Chevrolet caprice, with bull bars, gun rack, cage at back with working lights. right hand drive as it was a Canadian state troopers car imported into Britain.

PS not sure about the top speed as he could not afford the petrol to give it the welly to get up to its top speed :shock::mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Whatever the cost of car insurance, I think I’m still a net beneficiary from years back when thieves tried to drop my car in the ship canal.

Instead of sinking, it ended up hanging from a tree and it was declared a hazard to shipping. Floating buoys had to be placed around it for several days while a floating crane was arranged.

I finally got my car delivered back to Latchford locks complete with half a tree still attached. This had to be one of the most expensive car recoveries ever!

In fact thinking about it, it might even explain why premiums are still so high in this area. :oops:

Bill :)

American legal costs come out of damages hence why insurance there is cheaper.

As a final word on the subject, dont take the headlines beign bandied around as the true picture. Different factiosn within the industry are jostling for position at the moment to either dilute any reforms or maximise the same. As a result, there is a lot of pR & puff beign thrown around to try and justify heir respctive positions.

I had the house burgled Dizz and the buggers found my keys to my car, which BTW was an estate so ideal for taking loads of stuff. They tried to destroy the evidence by dumping it in the ship canal but it didn’t work out for them and in the end they got caught. I did have a photo but not seen it in years.

The guy from Latchford locks said my car looked in good condition for it age and that rather than use a grab, they’d put a cover on the roof and used a magnetic lifter to minimise any extra damage. This raised my hopes that the car might not be too bad but these hopes were soon dashed when I saw the tree growing out of the radiator. The guy must have been a stock car driver to think it was in good nick because it was totally trashed and the insurance company just wrote it off.

As for the newspaper clipping I’d rather not go there because they made more of the fact that the person who'd been burgled was the homewatch co-ordinator for the area. :oops::oops::D

Bill :)

Hmmmm this needs further investigation methinks!!

Adrian,

It is a racket and stop trying to defend it. Everyone has to have insurance but whenever you try and claim, the insurance companies try every trick in the book to get out of paying. We have a case at the moment, one of our work vans was rear ended at the junction of Liverpool Road back in March 2010. We were paid out, the injured driver was paid out, but we have just had a letter through from a solicitors stating that the other partys insurance company hadn't yet reimbursed our insurance company (who had apparently paid us out) and would we mind filling in yet more forms!!

Now if the insurance companies aren't paying each other and the rip off solicitors are again getting involved, no wonder the costs are rising astronomically......

i'm not trying to defend it, just trying to present a balanced view. The press reporting of this recenlty has been far from accurate and a lot of it is PR guff to support a particular view. I can quote many counter views to that of Mr Straw. My personal views are again different.

Its far from black and white as indicated.