Woolston to close

mummy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cllr. Paul Bretherton is the recently elected Labour Councillor for the Rixton & Woolston Ward. And of course has a direct interest in the school closure. :wink:

PS I do commend him for posting in his own name, and I look forward to continuing contributions from him on this and other topics.

[ 14.09.2007, 07:50: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]

Great to see local elected members joining in debate with the community - long may it continue.

If councillors show they are prepared to actuaklly get involved it is a major step to encouraging people to turn out and vote!

Well done Paul and good luck with your campaign.

Originally posted by Paul Kennedy:

Cllr. Paul Bretherton is the recently elected Labour Councillor for the Rixton & Woolston Ward. And of course has a direct interest in the school closure. :wink:

PS I do commend him for posting in his own name, and I look forward to continuing contributions from him on this and other topics.

And your point being what ????? :confused: :sleeping:

Originally posted by Paul Bretherton:

Protest against the proposed closure of Woolston CH School. Please join us to show your opposition to the recommendations and your support for the school prior to the meeting of the Executive Board on Monday 17th September. Assembling at the Town Hall after 5pm.

Save And Value Education in Woolston!

GOOD LUCK !!!!! You have my support :D

Obs.

So if this campaign is successful and WHS is saved can I expect a similar campaign for Padgate?. Can I expect the same people supporting this to support them or is this campaign purely pointed at saving one particular school?.

John

[ 17.09.2007, 12:35: Message edited by: JayC ]

Mummy.

Buy some thicker socks ideal for demonstrations. The knock on affect would be if you were to win and WHS stayed open then Padgate would be under threat so who ever wins its a no win situation for the other school

John

[ 17.09.2007, 20:11: Message edited by: JayC ]

Originally posted by observer:

Must be worth some votes next May?! :wink:

For god sake Obs.... why do you (and some others)always bring everything down to the pathetic reasoning of merely gaining votes and political twaddle?

There is a rather more serious issue at stake here you know :roll: