Why do the people of Warrington ignore the Wolves?

CP

CP

You started this topic by asking why the people of Warrington ignore the Wolves.

Later you state that: "Warrington is a RL town" and that soccer will never take off.

Are we to assume from this that you think the RL fans of Warrington support some other RL team?

I've watched RL and football most of my life (not at the same time)

and played RL during my 20's. I love both sports although my love for RL has faded since Super League started.

Warrington has the highest number of MUFC season ticket holders outside of Manchester so I think the potential for a large Warrington football team fan base is quite high.

Although Warrington is famous for it's rugby league, I think that having a successful football team is more likely to put Warrington on the 'National map'. :D

When we came back from our hols on Sunday we noticed a sign on the road which said 'Warrington... Home of the Warrington Wolves' (or words to that effect).

I've never seen it before and it just used to say 'Welcome to Warrington' and I just google mapped it and it shows the old sign so when was it/were they changed?

It was near the little A50 island as you head towards the road that Cheshire Dogs Home is on.

Not that it matters of course but I just wondered :oops:

I think the signs were errected at some point last year.

You would have thought it would say 'The home of Warrington Wolves RLFC and Warrington Town FC'.

Obviously Town dont have as many public figures hanging about as the wolves.

Come on CP - you can't ignore questions because the answers are inconvenient!

Which is it? Do the people ignore Wolves or is Warrington a RL town? You can't have it both ways.

As for the signs at the entrances to the borough, it was widely reported (including on this site if I remember rightly) that the council decided last year to erect the signs after Wolves won the Challenge Cup for the second time.

Hardly a sign that the Wolves are ignored!

Sorry Egbert I must have missed all the reports about the new signs :oops:

I don't think they are ignored at all I just think many who would like to go to matches don't because it costs too much. The price jump from a junior season ticket with free away matches to a Student / Adult season ticket once they reach 16 is far to big a hike too especially when they also have to pay for away matches.