Council's new logo poll

Gary

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What on earth is this logo supposed to be? They could have done just a tiny bit better than this. OK, they could have done a LOT better. Is there a vacancy for a graphic designer in the council because my 6 year old nephew is looking for something to do in his summer holidays!

[ 20.04.2007, 18:41: Message edited by: Gordon I Gandy ]

Funny, I didnt think it was a fancy logo that sells a product- I thought it was reputation for quality, fairness, value for money, and originality?

And it looks suspiciously like the logo for Arriva buses...

Has anyone else seen similar logos?? And will we expect legal action by others with similar logos, wanting to protect their intellectual property?

Many local authorities have changed there logos over the last few years, look at these for example:

- was changed to -

- was changed to -

- was changed to -

- was changed to -

For Warrington to change the old logo to the new proves that Warrington is moving forward just like many of the other local authorities in the North West. New logo's are created all the time, so let's just embrace the new and move with the times

Originally posted by robot:

And it looks suspiciously like the logo for Arriva buses...

Has anyone else seen similar logos?? And will we expect legal action by others with similar logos, wanting to protect their intellectual property?

I've seen something very similar recently too.

It wasn't Arriva Busses but for the life of me I cant think where or what it was to do with!

Now it's really bugging me ! :o

Posted by pro youth

Well i'm Pro-Youth, so why can't YOU!

Well so am I, but it doesn't mean you have to dumb down! (I used to be one once). All the new logos you show are poor examples of what should be modern thinking. Modern does not mean lacking in sophistication, or having no concept of historic values. :o

Cheers G.W.

[ 23.04.2007, 23:27: Message edited by: Great White ]

Indeed Observer. WBC is a ?400 million organisation, it has a substantial deficit, demand outstrips supply for its services and it is limited in what it can or will do and its "customers" who are of course "captive" are not particularly impressed by their "supplier", future funding is problematical, if this was a commercial business in that sort of shape then frankly, if those running it, both Members and Officers regard the Crest/logo call it what you will, a priority, then there would be some sackings as clearly they would be deemed unable to deal with the important issues.

Anyway all that being said, if time allows I might go along to Monday's meeting. :wink:

PS I surprised that Councillors have the time to spend at such a meeting, some of them are in real trouble and their time might be better spent knocking on voters doors. :wink:

Originally posted by Peter:

I am amazed that you are condoning the council wasting your money.

How the witching hour(elections) change yours and others opinions. :D It's funny how the promises and 'it wasnt us.. it was them :D

Guess thats all part of the big game though, but fun to hear :D

Good job that 'we the voters' are all mindless morons with no memories or concept of what is really going on etc eh:D :o