Council's new logo poll

Gary

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by robot:

Ive just spotted something a little intriguing, on of all places ebay! Note the very familiar logo...

I dont suppose there can POSSIBLY be a connection, can there?

Freaky :D:D

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Paul Kennedy:

Originally posted by Gary:

57 per cent prefer the original coat of arms - the council's final decision will be rubber stamped on Monday.

Unlikely to agree with the 57%, think it's a done deal. C'est la vie.
Think you are right there Paul...

Noticed in yesterdays 'other' paper that the council new logo was already being used on an advert so Mondays meeting is just a formality...

Sounds like Monday will be a busy day all round for various rubber stamping and other twaddle that people don't get any say on :wink:

Originally posted by observer:

Well the bins are still getting emptied; streets being cleaned etc etc: so I guess life as we know it hasn't entirely ended - think we'll get over it?! :D

Guess you're right, but the new logo still looks really naff though :P

I just feel that further dumbing down by our leaders is unnecessary.

The new logo is an industrial one, NOT one that is befitting of a go-ahead council.

What is the point of (as you rightly say) the agitators getting in touch with the public, when all they are doing is what they have done for years. Behave in a negative manner and try to score brownie points.

Since when did Labour care what the public wanted? :confused:

Actually I still think it has more to do with some Members making life "difficult" for senior officers, and following the lead of the Member of Parliament for Warrington North. The Council coat of arms just happened to be a convenient issue.

The outcome in situations like this is that senior officers brush up their CVs, indicate that the Members wouldn't let them get on with their job and move to a higher paid job elsewhere....or depending on their age take early retirement on a generous pension. Given that these things happen with regularity, makes you think that the structure of the management of a local authority needs looking at, vis-a-vis members, officers. Do local authorities with an elected Mayor also have a Chief Executive. :wink:

corrected the transposed "elected" and "an" :wink:

[ 26.05.2007, 21:12: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]

I personally dont think we should lose the logo but I also agree that there are far more important issues going as.

So will I sign the petition... 'yes if i come across it'.. any idea how people actually sign it?

And will it make any difference? 'NO' as the council definatley do NOT take petitions seriously and Labour should know that !! :D:wink:

Can someone please tell me why people are still banging the drum about this - the crest is staying and the new logo is also being used where appropriate.

What is the problem! :sleeping:

Shouldn't the former Labour councillors be asking why they were asleep when the consultation process on the crest, which they started, took place at the town hall.