Trent Waterhouse

Wirewire

According to an Aussie paper (The Sydney Morning Herald) this guys is just about to sign a 3 year deal with us.

Apparently he's a big powerful backrower with a good offload.

Maybe a replacement for Louis (who I'd prefer to keep) or possibly Solomona?

Anyone heard anything?

Do we also assume that King is going back to Aus next year? Some are saying that we might get Ratchford in as a replacement from Salford! Not sure how I feel about that.

I think King is going at the end of the year, hopefully with another CC and GF medal in his back pocket.

Louis looks like he is off to pastures new too, cant understand that one unless tony smith feels he aint good enough.

Waterhouse has also been linked with our neighbours saints. Down under the vibes are that his best days are behind him.

Solomona is anyones guess, maybe worth keeping if his terms aren't bad.

Clarkey has got to be going to, looks like he is frozen out at the moment.

I'll be sorry to see Kingy go - he's been great for us and will be hard to replace - maybe a great change for Rhys Evans to step up to the plate.

I also can't understand Louis - I'd love him to stay as I think his best years are still ahead of him. I can only assume that he wants another challenge....

I can't see Clarkey staying. He's been a good servant and I'm glad he got a winners medal last year at Wembley, but to be honest he's not good enough now as we have 2 other excellent hookers. He might be worth keeping as a squad player because of his versatility, depending on terms. I can see him at Widnes next year though.

I'd keep Solomona so long as he stays fit and the terms are right - he's a great impact player!

I see that Riley's off to Quinns on loan.....

Louis will make a very good front rower in years to come.

I'll be sorry to see him go, especially if its to accomodate a 30 something aussie on a paid vacation.

We should be getting players in their prime ala king and Monaghan bros.

Louis Anderson has signed two years for the Catalans Dragons next year and for me will be missed, ok he's not the best second rower we've got but his aggression in tackling and going forward will be missed.

Trent Waterhouse is again for me past his best, no longer in the NSW team and knocking on the door of 31 are we really going back to the times were we sign Aussies looking for there pension slips, Louis is a good age and some might say were letting him go before his prime but to sign Waterhouse who also is a bit of a hot head really does nothing for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I see from the report on Wazza Worldwide that the wolves have labelled the rumoured signing of Waterhouse as mere media speculation.

Is that the same media speculation that suggested Morley had signed a few years back :lol::lol:

Im sure Gary knows the score but officially has to toe the line.

My shout is that it wont be made official until Kingy is ready to announce that he is leaving.

• 2 weeks later...

He's signed according to club web site:-

On really positive note, Warrington Wolves are delighted to announce the signing of Australian second-row Trent Waterhouse from the start of next season.

Waterhouse has agreed a 3-year deal with the club and will join at the start of 2012.

He has signed from Penrith Panthers where he has been a one-club man and has made 177 appearances. This season Trent is second in the NRL stats for offloads with 44.

Trent played twice for Australia in the 2009 Four Nations Tournament and he has played 5 times for New South Wales in State of Origin matches, his last appearance being in 2010.

Tony Smith said: "He's a high quality international player who fits our needs and will fit into our structures and our team extremely well. He's a big man who likes to offload the ball and is a highly experienced Rugby League player who has gained a lot of experience at the highest level. I am looking forward to working with him and losing somebody of Matt's experience Trent's a great replacement in terms of experience and leadership value and that was very much a focus for us given the amount of leadership that Matt plays within the team it was important that we do gain an experienced player who has got a great leadership style."

Trent added: "I am delighted to be joining Warrington at this exciting time in the club's history. I can see they are a very ambitious and professional organisation seeking immediate success and I therefore hope to be able to positively contribute towards their desired goals for winning trophies.

"I have heard great things about the club, the players and the fans. I can see big things for the club in the near future and I'm looking forward to getting over there and being part of that.

"The coach and management have outlined a fantastic vision for their future and as such it was the only club I wanted to join in the UK Super League."

Player Information:

Trent Waterhouse

Position: Second Row

Date of Birth: 8/1/1981

Height: 6ft 4in

Weight: 16st 1lb

Louis will make a very good front rower in years to come.

I'll be sorry to see him go, especially if its to accomodate a 30 something aussie on a paid vacation.

We should be getting players in their prime ala king and Monaghan bros.

Waterhouse is only 5 months older than Michael Monaghan who has played a big part in the success of the Wire in recent years. You aren't suggesting that Monaghan is too old as well are you ?

Waterhouse is only 5 months older than Michael Monaghan who has played a big part in the success of the Wire in recent years. You aren't suggesting that Monaghan is too old as well are you ?

Doesn't mean he isn't getting on a bit.

Scholes has done a lot for United over the last 20 years, and he's retired.