Ackers Pit.

Peter T

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got no idea !

All I know is that work started again and was supposed to have been completed in a couple of weeks.

Guess it depends on what your perception of 'completed' is eh.

I think the Parish Council were then going to apply for even more funding to 'really complete' the job.

Hard to believe that so much money has already been wasted and now they want to waste even more. :roll::o

• 2 weeks later...

Well there's a shock ! (not)

I went past yesterday and NOTHING more has been done!

It's still a complete mess and looks like a desolate piece of waste land which has become waterlogged by the rain.

Glass, rubble , metal etc sticking up around the side embankments, god knows how much is under the surface that can't be seen. It's all still fenced off and just looks like one HUGE HAZZARD and accident waiting to happen.

Hope 'they' are all proud of themselves for the chaos and mess they have helped create at great cost (in both monetary and environmental terms!!)

*&%$"@ IDIOTS !

Originally posted by Peter:

According to the item on the Front Page, the silt removal/distribution has finished.

I am at a loss to see what has been improved, can anyone help? :D One way to get rid of some useless councillor's though ha ha

Joking aside with all the silt, glass and other hazards clearly visible surely there are huge health and saftety implications for public participation and a contractor should be brought in to clear it up professionally? I'm sure they had a company that was supposed to be doing just that !!!! :roll:

[ 10.10.2007, 11:32: Message edited by: Dismayed ]

And when the good people of Stockton Heath have cleared up all the rubbish on Saturday (in just an hour or so), the anglers all wearing camo clothing, so you might not be able to see them, will come along and plant seeds, and release butterflies and things. On the Monday morning the council will wake up and discover it was all a terrible nightmare. And everybody will live happily ever after.

:D:D:wink:

Guess you're not getting your wellies and spade out then :wink:

Me neither as I'm off to look round Stockton Heath Primary one last time before it gets knocked down... Open day for people to 'share in its history!?!'...

......which of course we were all enjoying anyway until our Parish Council and other brain dead 'know it all's' decided to vote to demolish it !

Anyway guess that's another topic... so comments on Ackers only in this thred please :o

Front page news today :o

Dramatic rescue at Ackers Pit...

20 firemen from 3 stations saving a teeneager who was stuck in the silt....

Parish Council had been warned of on several occasions of the danger due to the recent bodged work (and did what????)....

Senior fireman has bubbed the pit as dangerous due to the silted banks (which of course WERE NOT silted until the Parish Council had the bright idea of allowing the silt to be deposited there by the contractors...

Well there's one big WE TOLD YOU SO BUT YOU WOULDN'T LISTEN eh and luckily this time help was at hand for the youngster !!!!!

Thank you Gary for highlighting this danger/incident and perhaps now everone knows the PC will be shamed into sorting their mess out properly ....and no, a quick tidy up by them and willing volunteers for an hour on Saturday will NOT resolve it!

in light of the incident i would not think that they would get many people to turn up to clean up the area on a health and safety issue and have to wonder if they will have the brigade on standby just in case for those that do turn up.

i can see that this could give rise to calls to fill the pit in as it has become "a danger to the public and an eyesore" :redmad:

[ 11.10.2007, 11:46: Message edited by: Evil Sid ]

I wouldn't get too exited about the clean up on Saturday. According to tonights Gurniad, the Christmas lights are being switched on in S/Heath that day. So everybody will be there instead.

Ooooh Blood n Sand! that just reminds me , I must get the sprouts on.

[ 11.10.2007, 21:38: Message edited by: Wingnut ]

Originally posted by Wingnut:

I wouldn't get too exited about the clean up on Saturday. According to tonights Gurniad, the Christmas lights are being switched on in S/Heath that day. So everybody will be there instead.

Ooooh Blood n Sand! that just reminds me , I must get the sprouts on.

Eh ???? Why on earth would they be switching on the Christmas lights in Stockton Heath on 13 October ??? OK so the PC are paying for them and no doubt want to get their money's worth but October is a bit soon! Think the Guarniad may be wrong somehow with that report.

But it is the 'Join in our History' :D )

[ 12.10.2007, 11:58: Message edited by: Dismayed ]