Ackers Pit.

Peter T

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Wingnut:

That's right, turn it into a picnic area, where we can all go and have a pleasent summers evening with the smackheads and druggies that will take it over.

one thing though, the smackheads will not be able to hide in those trees on the opposite bank to the run off.

Why is that you might ask? Simple really Tarquin, because those trees will be comeing down for that nice grassed area that you mentioned.

ME HORSE, ME HORSE, WHERE'S ME FLIPPIN HORSE!!!

Blummin' 'eck wingnut..... take a breather, get down of your high horse and re-read my posting again !!

Where did I suggest turning it into a picnic area ?? I DIDN'T

Where did I suggest turfing the WHOLE area ?? I DIDN'T

Who said anything about trees being taken down and smackheads taking over ?? I DIDN'T

All I was suggesting was for community a tidy up and a bit of Turf placed around the edges of the NEW embankment that they have created not a complete landscaping and renovation service!!!!!!

Seems like I touched a bit of a nerve there with you ! Perhaps you just dont like the thought of others being willing to 'tidy up' after you when you make a mess :D

PS... are you planning on getting all the other grassed areas in Warrington 'uprooted' just incase they attract undesirables.... WATCH OUT WARRINGTON.. THERE'S A GRASS HATER ABOUT !! :D:wink:

[ 06.06.2007, 13:50: Message edited by: Dismayed ]

(Dismayed)

FIDDLE DE DE HONEYCHILE!

It is me, not you who said turn it into a picnic area.

Still it is very comunity spirited of you to suggest a working party to sort it out. But I think it will take a little more than well meaning navvies and land girls with buckets and spades to sort it out.

As for the poor ducks. Come on now, the canal is only a short waddle away innit?

[ 06.06.2007, 17:28: Message edited by: Wingnut ]

And if anybody thinks that closely mown grass is good for the ecology then think again. That would be no more than a grass desert, no good to man nor beast.

Why not make any large grassed area into a wildflower meadow? The council would save a fortune as it would only need to be mown a couple of times a year to allow any wild flower seeds to set.

Professor Chris Baynes had quite a lot to do with the landscaping of Sankey valley park. He made it into a natural habitat for wildlife.

A sort of wildflower meadow, amidst a natural landscape, just think about it. How many local children have ever seen the likes of one? To say nothing of the wildlife that it would bring in.

This is a disaster that could be turned into a golden opertunity for generations to come, and would be very economical and cost effective to produce.

You heard it from me first.

[ 06.06.2007, 17:49: Message edited by: Wingnut ]

(Dismayed)

FIDDLE DE DE HONEYCHILE!

It is me, not you who said turn it into a picnic area.

Still it is very comunity spirited of you to suggest a working party to sort it out. But I think it will take a little more than well meaning navvies and land girls with buckets and spades to sort it out.

As for the poor ducks. Come on now, the canal is only a short waddle away innit?

Sorry Wingnut

I've even re-read my own posting again and I didn't mention Picnic areas either !!!!!

Read this...

GRASS THE AREA AROUND THE PIT LIKE IT WAS BEFORE THEY TRASHED IT..... LEAVE THE PIT THE SIZE IT IS NOW IE BIG DEEPER END AND REMAINING SHALLOWER END THAT THEY HAVENT DONE ANYTHING WITH YET FILL IT UP WITH WATER AGAIN !

Yes I know it's not ideal to suggest some community help but anything is better than leaveing it like it is COS NO-ONE ELSE IS DOING A BLOODY THING ABOUT IT !!!

So if you are more than happy to leave it in the state it's in and not try and do anything to get it sorted then you must be either be a prospective property developer or one of the idiots who made a complete **** up of it in the first place :roll:

The place had to be de-silted, because sooner or later, any fish would have been on top gasping for oxygen. There was around 2 feet of water, the same of suspended silt, and the same again of more solid silt on the bottom. And in places it was deeper.

The contractors are only paid to remove, or in this case it seems, to "move" X amount of silt in order to widen the paths. Naa then me owld tater, there seems to be more than a little bit left over which the council do not know what to do with. As I said in the first place, the silt removal was badly under estimated.

AQUA MINERALE ANYONE?

[ 06.06.2007, 22:16: Message edited by: Wingnut ]

Wingnut........

Your posts are becoming more bizare by the minute. Are you sure you were askig for Aqua Minerale... or have you been given something stronger :D:wink::P

Anyway it was reported in yesterday's other 'newspaper' that there is a Stockton Heath Parish Council meeting this coming Tues (12th) regarding Ackers Pit.

So guess they may have come up with a solution or they wouldnt have publicised the meeting. Cant see them putting it in the press only to say they are not doing anything about it now :o

[ 08.06.2007, 23:27: Message edited by: Dismayed ]

Re: the meeting next week.

That would be anybodys guess as to what will happen and what fables will be told.

My guess would be that there will be a cake and bun fight between the public and the council once they have tried to fob you all off with dreams of the future concerning the Pit

They Will All Go To Hell On A Handcart

And I'll be the one pushing it.

[ 09.06.2007, 10:46: Message edited by: Wingnut ]

Re: the meeting next week.

That would be anybodys guess as to what will happen and what fables will be told.

My guess would be that there will be a cake and bun fight between the public and the council once they have tried to fob you all off with dreams of the future concerning the Pit

They Will All Go To Hell On A Handcart

And I'll be the one pushing it.

Hi Wingnut :D

Not another meeting full of 'fables' :D:wink:

As for attending their meeting... I don't think I could ever attend one of theirs as I may find myself up for a GBH charge or liable at least :o

Originally posted by Dismayed:

Anyway it was reported in yesterday's other 'newspaper' that there is a Stockton Heath Parish Council meeting this coming Tues (12th) regarding Ackers Pit.

So guess they may have come up with a solution or they wouldnt have publicised the meeting. Cant see them putting it in the press only to say they are not doing anything about it now :wink:

Originally posted by Paul Kennedy:

It is the regular monthly meeting, they are always mentioned in the press, as they are public meetings. Go along and see what is said, and remember next May all Parish Council seats are up for election. :wink:

They never usually put what is on the agenda or up for debate in the press for 'normal' Parish Council meetings. How odd... will be interesting to see how well they 'debate' it :wink::roll:

Here's what it said for anyone who is interested in going along..

New meeting on Ackers Pit

A meeting to discuss the future development of Ackers pit will be held on 12 June.

After work was abandoned at the Ackers Pit because of high levels of silt, Stockton Heath Parish Coucil will be debating the issue at the parish council meeting starting at 7.30pm at the Sandy Lane Community Centre, Stockton Heath.

Members of the public are welcome to attend.

Originally posted by Peter:

The whole thing is quackers. :D

And so was the meeting it seems....... with all sorts of names being brought up and everyone blaming each other :roll:

So where does it all go from here? Seems like the Ackers problem is 'easily' resolved they just need ANOTHER ?40k to do it :o

Which now brings the cost upto the original quote the PC were given it seems... So that's what happens when you take the half price 'local' quote you are given eh ?

Complete **** up by all involved and so much for experts again eh ???!!!!

And no doubt there's a contracted firm rubbing their hands together knowing that they more money will have to be coughed up (in their direction) to get it sorted as even the Parish Council wouldn't stoop so low as to leave it in the state it's in now.. (I hope anyway) :o

Were there ever any plans on paper for Ackers? NO!

Thank goodness it has rained. That at least gives them another excuse for not progressing with the work. Sooner or later the truth will out.

As for anybody who had a hand in this dastardly deed. They should all be shackled together and left on the edge of a wind swept Crag in the Outer Hebredes.

[ 13.06.2007, 23:08: Message edited by: Wingnut ]

Has nobody tested the silt ?? it might be a useful fertiliser. The late Percy Leah produced giant caulies and cabbage on fields where Gainsborough Road and the Moore Nature Reserve now stand - all due to silt dredgings several feet deep from the Mersey. If the Parish Council find that the silt is rich in nutrients they could advertise 'shift your own s---' and it would be cleared in no time :P

8)8)

Originally posted by Evil Sid:

re reading yesterdays front page article i think i may have included the proposed cost as part of the funding in which case you need to knock off about ?48,000.

Easy mistake to make, no probs :wink:

But still one heck of a waste of money (however much) when all we are left with so far is a one massive **** up and what looks like a bomb site eh ?

Bit like a soap story or old Oliver Twist movie...

'Gimme more money mister and we'll say no more about it and I can sort out your problem ..... even though it was us wot caused it.. but no-one ever needs to know !'

Am I going insane :wink::P

• 2 months later...