Madeliene - again?

observer

Like Algy says..... it's every parent's worst nightmare and I would never ever give up trying to find my child (or any other I knew for that matter) and I doubt anyone else would give up either faced with the same awful circumstances.

Only you could ask if it is a waste of time Obs :roll:

Without wanting to sound awful or tempt fate, there is no evidence to show that little Madeline is not alive so there is no reason to stop looking.

I hope one day soon that they do find her and she is safe and well.

My parents had a friend, whose son went missing - they waited 6 long years to find out he had been murdered and dumped in a deep mining hole (that was filled with water).

I can remember the funeral they had for him, they only were able to bury a part of him but the parents at least then knew where he was.

It is a horrible thing when you lose a child I cannot imagine how much worse it is to not know where they are as well. My heart goes out to all families in this situation, it is a living hell. :(

Wonder if the Met will also be looking at the parents themselves?

I notice that she is now saying that she couldn't wake her other kids, the infant twins, when the police arrived - and says that they must've been drugged.

I wonder who did that? Kidnappers who got into a hotel unchallenged at a time when there were lots of staff and guets about, located the one room which unsupervised kids were sleeping in, gained access to the room without leaving signs of forced entry, took a 4 year old rather than infant twins (surely the twins would have been a much more attractive target!), vanished into the night without leaving ANY forensic evidence, and then managed to evade one of the biggest police investigations Portugal has ever seen?

Or a couple of GPs who wanted a night out with their chums and were too tight to pay the hotel babysitting service?

Cameron should have kept out of it, this "crime" was not committed in this country and the Portuguese authorities should tell Scotland Yard to sod off back where they came from.

Will Cameron also fund and renew the searches for the thousands that have gone missing in this country?

Obs... how on earth can they simply 'move on' when their little girl is still missing :evil:

Eagle yes it happened in another country but so what... why should their authorities tell ours to sod off.... if they had worked together properly they may have found her by now her unless they are trying to hide something of course :?

Firstly, I feel that the new investigation is a ploy by Dave to be seen as a man of the people.

I understand what the girls are saying on this, but the cost will be very high. Loads of people go missing in this country every year - the money would be better spent at home. All parents are equally important.

The McCanns contributed to their own downfall by leaving their child, but to attribute the whole blame to them - without any proof - seems a little bit harsh.

Happy days

Inky abd Obs... do you really think that if they 'knew' what had 'really'happened they would still be pushing hard for the investigation to continue or to be looked into further. I certainly don't.

If they 'had' had anything to do with it then surely they would have started to quieten down slowly over the past 4 years to avoid being caught out.

I must admit though as although I do not think they themselves had anything to do with her dispearance like Harry I do completely blame them for leaving their 3 young children alone !!!!!! :evil:

and yes a lot of other people do go missing every year but they seem to be forgotten about by the press and authorities but maybe that's because they are older and not young kids.

Yes, actually I do.

I think that they probably made a mistake with the dose of sedatives they gave her so they could go out with their chums (some of whom they've taken injunctions out against because their stories didn't match the "official" version), they got rid of the body (over 40 minutes between them returning to the room and raising the alarm!), and they're now on a merry-go-round which they can't get off for fear of being thought to be guilty.

Completely innocent parents wouldn't worry about being thought to have been involved, guilty parents would.

There are so many unanswered questions about this case, and about the parents conduct, story changing, down right lies, evasiveness, employment of spin doctors and willingness to cash in financially, that at the very least the investigation should be looking at them with the same vigour it applied to dragging that slightly wierd English ex-pat's name through the mud in the early days.

He was hounded by the investigators for weeks, effectively convicted in the press - with lots of help from the McCanns almost daily tearful press conferences calling on him directly to tell them what he'd done with their daughter (diversion tactic????) - for little more than being a loner, and he has yet to receive so much as an acknowledgement that they were wrong never mind an apology from either of the McCanns.

Meanwhile, the parents - who, even in the absence of unexplained circumstances and conflicting stories, are statistically the most likely suspects in any child's disappearence or death - continue to refuse to be questioned by the authorities and are untouchable in the eyes of the Press.

It's no wonder the chief Portugese investigator resigned in frustration!

I guess I haven't read about or followed the case that closely Inky as I didn't know all that... nor did I know they had sedated their kids etc etc etc :shock::oops:

I do sort of see what you mean now..... if they 'did' actually do it like you say then do you think by carrying on in this way they are trying to convince themselves that they "didn't" :?

It's not certain that they did sedate the kids, they've refused to answer questions on the subject and also refused to account for the usage of the sedatives they took on holiday with them in their medical bags.

One of the "chums" alleged that they did routinely sedate all of the kids and promptly got slapped with an injuction and a defamation suit - the legal fees for which were paid by the "Find Madeline" appeal.

Now, mum is saying (in her latest, lucrative, book which came out at about the same time as the calls for Cameron to intervene and re-open the case) that she couldn't wake the twins when the police arrived - and is saying that they must've been drugged by the kidnappers.

How can they simply 'refuse' to answer questions and why would they want to anyway... unless :shock:

I think I'll stop reading this topic now as I always that little Madelin would be found but you are making it sound like she 'could' be dead :?:cry:

but you are making it sound like she 'could' be dead :?:cry:

I'm afraid I think the most likely thing is that she died that night 4 years ago.

The parents are fully lawyered up, and simply "no comment" to any police questions not covered in their prepared statements. Their media interviews are always conducted from a pre-arranged list of approved questions - so we never get to see them being evasive.

They even refuse to be interviewed by the police separately which, since they're not under arrest, they have the right to do.

Oooooh..... all I will say is that if my child had gone missing I would happily answer any questions by the police either alone or with my other half if asked.

Saying that maybe they just say 'no comment' as they have been advised that because of a lack of any other suspect or evidence they may be charged even if they didn't have anything to do with it so that the case can be closed.

If still alive little Madeline will have changed so much in 4 years that it's unlikely she would be recognised anyway.....oooh but she had an unusual pigmentation in her eye so maybe she would be recognised so that rules that one out slightly :?

Then of course at the age of 4 when she went missing she would have laready had a lot of memories of family, places and friends and could already speak so if she is now living with someone else or has been a victim of child trafficing (or whatever it's called) she could say something that would alert people to the fact that she had been abducted.

But then again at the age of four.... would she have understood what had happened so has she just accepted her new life if indeed she is now living with someone else. I doubt it as all the wordlwide press coverage and images of her and her parents over the past 4 years must at times have crossed her path which would have reminded her and made her aware that her parents are looking for her...

I'm clutching at straws here now can you tell :?

There are so many angles to look at with this case that I honestly don't know what to think, sometimes I think that the parents had criminal involvement other times I am certain that they haven't but I have almost convinced myself that the little girl is no longer with us, nothing would give me greater satisfaction than her turning up safe and well to prove me wrong. One thing that I am certain of is that if Madeline's parents are innocent they have a cross to bear because they left her and the twins on their own that night, for the rest of their lives.