Have a guess ???

Legion

Have a guess...dont cheat and look..

How many traffic lights dorn the round about at LA Bowl on winwick road, and I think its fair to include the ones just allocated 100yards upto the LABOWL/N-Le-W right turn as this will affect the flow of traffic there too..

(I count a traffic light as 1 pole & 3 bulbs).

actualy to be fair some have more than one set of lights on the pole, so can we count them as boxes containing three lights, your guesses should still stand, but revise if you like..

but I sugest you aim a little higher..remeber this is warrington council and their obsession with traffic lights.

Originally posted by Dismayed:

My guess is 18 poles (54 bulbs)

What's the prize for the person who guesses right ? :D

Probably a night out with the 18 Poles!! there's certainly enough of them about....

(oooh a bit of an immigation play on words creeping in there.... very topical!!)

[ 18.01.2008, 18:48: Message edited by: BazJ ]

Originally posted by BazJ:

Originally posted by Dismayed:

My guess is 18 poles (54 bulbs)

What's the prize for the person who guesses right ? :D

Probably a night out with the 18 Poles!! there's certainly enough of them about....

(oooh a bit of an immigation play on words creeping in there.... very topical!!)

is BazJ or realy BenE

Ok heres the answer...ish

on that one roundabout and its approaches within 100 yards there are OVER 47 individual traffic light sets, I keep loosing count at 47 a Im driving through and cant hang around.

thats nearly if not more 150 red,amber, green bulbs.

each of the approaches has at least 4 each so theres 16, the slip road turning left from town has 4 all to itself, incase one was in a blind spot you have another 3, the two major routs have an overhead too, theres three stop sections whlie your on it having at least three each, theres another 9, the turn left heading into orford has 4, its approach going onto the roundabout has 4, there is a pedestrian crossing heading towards town for another 4, theres a crossing heading towards LA bowl, theres the right turn at LA bowl, and on and on and on..

ONE ROUNDABOUT !!!

[ 19.01.2008, 14:33: Message edited by: legion ]

Originally posted by legion:

Ok heres the answer...ish

on that one roundabout and its approaches within 100 yards there are OVER 47 individual traffic light sets, I keep loosing count at 47 a Im driving through and cant hang around.

ONE ROUNDABOUT !!!

:o:o 47+ :o:o

I've got to go that way tomorrow.. don't think I'll bother now...

How much does it cost to run a single traffic light anyone know?

I presume the council pay for the installation and running costs :o