Osama Bin laden is dead.........

Bazj

Killed by American Special Forces in Palistan....

Now lets hope they string his body to the back of a pickup truck and drive it around the country showing the rest of the sicko Muslim extremists what fate awaits them

God Bless America!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His body has already been dumped at sea apparently.

Good riddance and about time too .. but unfortunately many of his extremist supporters are still very much alive and are not happy scumbags now and the threat of retaliation by them is said to be very high :evil:

I am in favour of capital punishment for the worst of crimes, but playing devil's advocate, the Americans have murdered an innocent man (in the laws eyes) in a foreign country. Certainly the bleeding hearts brigade will think or say that.

Does this give everyone else carte blanche to do the same - say the various terrorists still around in Ireland or suspected Lockerbie bombers and their leader.

Just perhaps a dangerous precedent has been set. Would retaliation be justified in this case(an eye for an eye)?

Happy days

The bleeding hearts brigade might say that Harry but it seems just about every country agrees with him being "taken out". Even the Al Jarheera website hasn't criticised the Americans over this so I reckon that's as near a seal of approval as it gets. It doesn't look good but given the potential repercussions of taking him alive, this was probably the only viable option.

It's good riddence which ever way you see it.

Bill :)

Good point H, so now it's big boys games - big boys rules: which means there arn't any rules. So let's not get too self rightious when the next terrorist atrocity occurs. :shock:

what a daft statement........ there is a world of a difference between taking out Bin Laden and killing women and children Obs...... self righteous or not I would take out every terrorist and condem every terrorist response

You make a good point Harry.

Article 23b of the Hague Regulations, adopted by the U.S. and other nations in 1907, prohibits ?assassination, proscription, or outlawry of an enemy, or putting a price upon an enemy?s head, as well as offering a reward for an enemy 'dead or alive'

Personally, I think it was probably right to assassinate him but it sure opens a bag of worms.

Nowt daft about it at all Baz; your employing the same double strandards as our politicians (so maybe they representative after all!) - the "moral high ground" is only retained through acting WITHIN the law, descend to their level and you've lost it. Personally, I don't care, but niether will I be condeming any retaliation in kind - don't think anyone alive today will see the end to this one. :shock:

Nowt daft about it at all Baz; your employing the same double strandards as our politicians (so maybe they representative after all!) - the "moral high ground" is only retained through acting WITHIN the law, descend to their level and you've lost it. Personally, I don't care, but niether will I be condeming any retaliation in kind - don't think anyone alive today will see the end to this one. :shock:

Ah Observer you seem to forget, the millions of bullets and bombs "The West" have used over the last few years are specially designed and can only harm enemy soldiers but swerve around women and children who may happen to live in the place we decided to fire upon. "We" have never harmed a civillian or a child just baddies. and if you don't mind :roll::roll::roll:

Not before time, looks like the Americans have been turning Afghanistan upside down while he has been sat in his comfy little mansion in Pakistan putting two fingers up to them, however the touch paper has been lit, now stand back and wait for the fireworks to go off.

Errrm, it works like this PJ: If your gagging for a war (like Dave in Libya), you go (unlike Bush and Bliar) to the UN for a mandate, which makes all subsequent activity "legal", and themselves subject to the "rules of war" (Geneva Convention etc) - but as you've correctly noted, high explosives don't discriminate between combatants and non-combatants, so "accidents" happen. On the question of entering another sovereign Nation to bump someone off - I think the legal position has been correctly outlined. Hope that's straight enough for you Peter?! :roll:

What would be the point of showing a photo of him Wolfie ? Surely it would make his supporters even more determined to take revenge on a big scale.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad the evil b****rd has been killed but he has brainwashed so many of his supporters that there are probably many more just like him, if not worse and they will want to honour his memory and beliefs in the only way they understand and that way is to KILL !

Why on earth didn't the special forces just go in silently... kill him... and go again. No press hype or photo's released to all the papers and tv showing Obama, Mrs Clinton and others all sitting around a screen watching the killing live :? ....no photo's of thousands on the streets of America cheering, celebrating and waving their beer cans and flags.

The more news reports, photo's and other coverage splashed across the tv and papers and the more public comments made by leaders (including ours) then the more backlash there will be.

It's like waving red rags to a herd of angry bulls

What was it that bin laden used to say... something about the intention was only to kill American's AND any of their allies. That's definately us too then and probably the allies who are helping in Libya now.

Apparently 5 suspected terrorists were arrested outside Sellafield nuclear plant within hours or the news of bin ladens killing... al Qaida threatened a "nuclear hellstorm" on the West if bin Laden was ever captured or killed. :?

Anyway... I'm rambling... but to be honest I'm bloody scared and feel like we are living on a little island with a great big target all the way around it now and no protection.. and I'll probably disagree with what I've put later anyway when I stop panicing and worrying quite so much. :oops:

Good post Diz, at least someone has some insight into these matter. No dog collar Peter, merely outlining realities: either you play clean or play dirty, I opt for the latter, BUT won't be complaining or surprised if and when the terrorists respond in some diabolical manner - war is a two way process. Many moons ago (on this board), I outlined a strategy to tackle Al Quaeda; which didn't involve the blunt application of military power in Iraq or Afghanistan and consequent loss of lives. My suggestion was that the International Intelligence Communities should be engaged in a COVERT war of attrition, outside the glare of publicity (as Diz has rightly noted), accurately identifying and eliminating each and every terrorist cell by any means available, this is now no doubt the case, as the CIA have eliminated a number in Pakistan through drone attacks. However, this by itself, won't drain the swamp that nurtures the disease; so efforts need to be made to attack religious radicalism upstream, by promoting secular education, regulating standards of religious teaching and deporting the preachers of hatred like Abu Hamza. N.B. The CIA estimate (released by Wikileaks) places the UK as a "hot bed" of Muslim radicalism; thanks to wishy washy liberal notions of cultural diversity. I think it was Robert E Lee who said after a battle: " it's good that war is so horrible, otherwise men may grow to like it". :shock:

What would be the point of showing a photo of him Wolfie ? Surely it would make his supporters even more determined to take revenge on a big scale.

Maybe just to prove that it was him and they haven't made it up like the moon landing. :wink:

It won't be believed in any case by many Muslim radicals, no matter what "proof" they provide; he now becomes a Martyr to "believers" who may come up with the idea that he rose from the dead (even though he now sleeps with the fishes!) - and of course, yet more food for the conspiracy theorists. :roll: