Party political broadcasts!

robocop

Actually, the Tories have played a blinder - Maggie style cuts etc and have used the LibDums as a human shield to carry the electoral can! :lol:

But Labour is like a tumour.

Choice? Do you remove the tumour in one go, or do it gradually and in 5 years time it comes back again.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the Tories have played a blinder - Maggie style cuts etc and have used the LibDums as a human shield to carry the electoral can! :lol:

but if that is the case Obs, why have the number of councillors that the Tories have; actually increase by 60? They also had a net gain of 1 council too.....

The Lib Dums got a drubbing because stupid Lib Dum voters thought that as a minority (and a very small minority) part of a coalition, that they could get ALL of their election promises through. Suddenly last year, they all thought that it was suddenly time for free University fees, free prescriptions, free this, that and the other; which they had campaigned on........never with a hope in hell of getting into power

Once the unthinkable happened, they were stuffed....all those promises and they couldn't keep any of them because there was no money. Liebour had seen to that which is obviously why they didn't want to keep power.

Just because Liebour got back into Warrington didn't mean they had won every council in the country.....far from it!

Don't disagree Baz, all it's proving is the polarized nature nature of our politics and the fickle nature of the electorate. Labour spent us into a financial crash, followed by a population that had amassed over a ?trillion in personal debt; it continued to suck up to the City instead of regulating it; and allowed the biggest wealth gap since WW1 to be created. They then duck out of any responsinility for the mess and leave it for the Tories and LibDums to sort out; but the sorting out requires austerity and pain, and voters don't vote for reality checks, they want to carry on as before, with high services on low taxes - as I keep saying, you can give sweets to the kids, but just try taking them back. :wink: As for the local scene, with no money, the choice will be where and what to cut - so no real change there. :cry:

• 5 weeks later...

So it would appear Wolfie and it is not right..... instead of spending billions on overseas aid they should be using the money to build bigger and better prisons....keep the criminals away from decent folk and provide jobs in the building sector. Couple that with sending back ANY foreign criminal to his/her own country and bingo, your overseas aid can be seen as being the export of people with criminal skills!! :lol:

We could have even used it as an aircraft carrier and not had to go cap in hand to the French for the foreseeable future whenever we need one. Gideon Osborne makes Mr. Magoo look like the Hubble telescope.

Yep :cry::wink:

Ahh well... I wonder how much my sons official but well worn Ark Royal Navy Cap is now worth (I'm thinking heritage value here). We were given some stunning A3 photos of it crashing through high seas too but can't for the life of me remember where I safely put them years ago :oops: