robocop

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

None as we aren't voting round here :D

But I thought

Bland came across quite well although he did say that since the(Cons & Libs) took over 'council tax had gone down year on year on till nothing this year' :? ...... well my council tax certainly isn't ?0 it's ?123 a month :wink: (Just being picky I know)

O'neil... well I liked his little rolly eyes and sheepish grin at the end :lol: but he did criticise too much rather than saying what they themselves would really do :?

Marks... came across ok too and sold his party's apparent achievements quite well but pretty much the same opening as Bland... but then again it would be.

Now can they all do another broadcast where they are all forced to admit all their complete cock ups too :wink:

Where are the ones from UKIP, BNP and the Greens? They are all standing in some of the wards.....

Gary????

The interviews are with the three main political parties at the town hall.

Unfortunately I haven't got time to go and seek out any other candidates who haven't even bothered to send us any information about themselves! :oops:

When on the one hand, the coalition say what a good jobe they are doing despite the loss of jobs, services, and direction, on the other hand you have New/Old Labour shouting the odds about people trying to sort out the mess they helped to create.

Have any of them any credibilty? especially when they have to get consultants (at great cost) to tell them how to do things. It will get even worse now that the experts have been or made to go.

No wonder "Apathy" rules.

And to CAP it all, they aren't even standing!!!!

Where are the ones from UKIP, BNP and the Greens? They are all standing in some of the wards.....

Gary????

The interviews are with the three main political parties at the town hall.

Unfortunately I haven't got time to go and seek out any other candidates who haven't even bothered to send us any information about themselves! :oops:

Unfortunatley, the 3 UKIP candidates have a total of 3 leafleters/helpers (i.e themselves), all self financed, etc. I can only imagine its the same for the greens and the BNP. If the smaller 3 arnt standing in your ward, then you aint going to hear anything off them :wink:

UKIPs priorities are road matinence, free hospital parking, and cutting down on general waste, Why we need a "climate change officer" i dont know, we might as well have a "seasons of the year officer" because they are both natural cycles.

Personally I would like the mayor to sell off his car registration plate "ED 1", downsize his jag to a peugeot 106, and swap his gold chain for a paper band which says "MAYOR" on it, the resultant money of course going to the residents of warrington wheather its a reduction in rates, or better services, or a reduction in bus fares. :wink:

Personally I would like the mayor to sell off his car registration plate "ED 1", downsize his jag to a peugeot 106, and swap his gold chain for a paper band which says "MAYOR" on it, the resultant money of course going to the residents of warrington wheather its a reduction in rates, or better services, or a reduction in bus fares. :wink:

WHY?

To make a few quid to waste on something else? I guess that you must be one of the destroy history brigade? :roll::roll::roll:

Oooh pipped to the post... well sort of :?

Ricky selling of things such as the ED1 and the chains would only raise enough to fill a couple of streets potholes.. which would then re-appear anyway.... or of course the money would be swallowed up into one of the many 'pots' which get dipped into for things that don't make any difference.

Me personally well as much as I hate waste I'd rather retain the ED reg and Mayors chains as at least they sort of mean something.

I'm all for you getting rid of the other chains that some Parish Council bods wear though and ones made of daisies or other seasonal growth would suffice... are bramble or nettles all year round plants :oops::lol:

WHY?

To make a few quid to waste on something else? I guess that you must be one of the destroy history brigade? :roll::roll::roll:

Simply because it doesnt benefit the rate payers. A registration plate simply identifies the vehicle to the registered keeper, ED 1 does exactly the same job as MA58 RTY for example. 6 ED is worth ?26,000 for starters! if its a toss up between the mayor strolling around on the first plate in warrington (just letters and numbers) and keeping a vital service open for the benefit of the ratepayers then I personally would go for the latter :wink:

The car is a 2.7L Jaguar XJ TDV6 EXEC, costs ?260/yr tax, and produces 214g of CO2 per KM (what will the climate change officer say? :lol::lol: ), as far as I know the milage rates for an engine that size is about 60 pence per mile. But to be fair to them, the car is about 4.5 years old, so our mayor appears to be happy with an "old" car. A 1.1L 106 on the other hand will reduce the tax payed, and reduce the milage allowance to about 40 pence ish. Hey presto! Its capable of doing the exact same job, without the extravagence :wink:.

Again, same reasoning behind the chain, what is the point of it? :roll: remember what our glorious leader said? "were all in it together", well im sure the mayor can do without a gold chain, and have a lovely paper band with mayor on it.

simpsons-schip-page-not-a-hack-say-republicans-mayor-quimby.jpg

he seems happy about it, and hes meant to be corrupt! :lol::lol:

Seriously, in my opinion the rate payers come first. If we were in better times (i.e no cuts to frontline services) then I wouldnt mind the mayor keeping the plate, the chain, etc, but services are being cut, many are suffering, is an entire bookmobile really worth the characters "ED 1"?

Penny pinching effort to get rid of the town's history.

Far better ways to save money that will have a longer contribution. get rid of all the Ward cllrs except one on each ward, get rid of one of the MP's and get rid of some more of the wooden tops running the council, as they did when making savings of thousands by getting rid of the officers.

I did surgest reducing councillors to 1 in each ward, on full time, on a reasonable full time wage, the answer I got back was simply "well you will get councils full of carrer politicians" which is a good point. :roll:

the plate is not the entire towns history, only a small, insignificant part of the history. There is alot more history in algys pictures of warrington threads for example then 3 characters on a mayors jag, but it looks like we are going to forever disagree on this Peter :)

Ricky, you could use the money raised from the sale of the Mayors number plate to fund the loss of revenue from the hospital car park fees. Well for a bit and then in a month when its gone we could sell something else, a library or museum or somesuch, and when that money is gone .....................................ad infinitum

I'm not against the sale of the plate to be honest I just dont like prospective councillors trying to use things such as this for cheap political gain as they feel it is an emotive subject.

Correct me if im wrong, but the car parking charges in hospitals goes to the NHS trust, not the council. The parking charges is wrong on many levels, plus why does English hospitals implement this charge, while Welsh and Scottish hospitals dont?

Political gain? Definitley not! This is my personal opinion to the mayors plate, not nesessarly UKIP's. Even if I wasnt a prospective councillor, I would still think that a 2.7L jaguar, and a plate with 3 characters is not beneficial to the rate payers :lol::lol:

If the majoity of residents wants the mayor to get rid of the plate, etc, and use the money for more worthwhile ventures, then the mayor should get rid of the plate! It doesnt take political motives to realise that its quite ironic that while services are getting cut, the mayor strolls around in a posh car, with a posh plate, with a posh chain!

ofcoarse this isnt the be all and end all of the councils financial shortcomings, but its most certainly a start, every penny counts and all that :wink:

And here's me thinking that they are career politicians except for the odd one or two who actually care about the area where they live and stand.

I have a bit of faith in the current councillors, doesnt carrer politicians just skip the councillor bit, and instread go straight to a political researcher for an MP/MEP, from doing a stint in university?

Correct me if im wrong, but the car parking charges in hospitals goes to the NHS trust, not the council.

So how would you or your other 2 UKIP prospective councillors , if successful in May, change N.H.S. policy? As local Borough Councillors it would be nothing to do with you, or is this just a bit more voter candy or rhetoric like the Mayors plate issue?

Correct me if im wrong, (I'll have a go)but the car parking charges in hospitals go to the NHS trust, not the council. The parking charges are wrong on many levels, plus why do English hospitals implement this charge, while Welsh and Scottish hospitals don't?

Political gain? Definitely not! This is my personal opinion on the Mayors plate, not necessarily UKIP's. Even if I wasn't a prospective councillor, I would still think that a 2.7L Jaguar, and a plate with 3 characters is not beneficial to the rate payers :lol::lol:

If the majoity of residents want the Mayor to get rid of the plate, etc., and use the money for more worthwhile ventures, then the Mayor should get rid of the plate! It doesn't take political motives to realise that it's quite ironic that while services are getting cut, the Mayor strolls around in a posh car, with a posh plate, with a posh chain!

of course this isn't the be all and end all of the councils financial shortcomings, but it's most certainly a start, every penny counts and all that :wink:

And here's me thinking that they are career politicians except for the odd one or two who actually care about the area where they live and stand.

I have a bit of faith in the current councillors, don't career politicians just skip the councillor bit, and instead go straight to a political researcher for an MP/MEP, from doing a stint in university?

Well you did ask Ricky :wink::wink::wink: