What have you just found out today?

Geoffrey Settle

I just found out from on here and quite by chance that my 'Uncle Jim' was the founder of Warrington Town Football Club and I thought it was Gary :wink::D

I have also found out today from the local paper that if you don't check your drier for fluff/lint and remove it...... the fluff/lint can easily catch fire and burn your house down like happened in Great Sankey earlier in the week :shock: I always thought drier fires were mainly caused by electrical faults but now I know it's fluff :shock:

Going to try and hoover my drier out now.... but first I need to find out exactly where else the fluff may accumulate apart from in the just in the basket trap thingy where I thought it collected.... as I can see some lurking lower down in the hole too :shock:

I can assure you Baz that you are completely wrong and just to be sure I have checked again and I can categorically state that I have no blue/grey fluff in there none nor have I ever had either in that colour or any other colour for that matter... so factually speaking you are spouting a load of nonsense with the statement of 'It accumulates in 'MY' belly button' :P

I have however questioned my other half who has advised me that in the past he did occasionally suffer from fluff in 'his' tummy button but apparently this no longer happens as he now mostly wears shirts.

Just think he could have self combusted ..... I need to buy him some wooly vests :D:lol:

So anyone learnt anything more then or all we are all still pretty much as dim as we were earlier :lol:

Obs must have learnt something now other than that a drier DOES have a hose so no need for the 'tut tut' he gave me :wink:

Off to learn now... I may be some while ....

I do have a filter and I empy it regularly but on closer inspection fluff does still seem to ge lower into the cavity. I may upload some photos later :lol:

As for affording to run one... never even thought about it so wait there and we may both learn something new :lol:

Well I've just leant something new.... I have NO IDEA how to use the plug in consumption monitor that I bought 6 months ago and have never used :oops::lol:

Talk about confusing and so many buttons and options to set so I just wont bother... and yes the drier is on again... and the washer.. and all the lights, 2 TV's, and the computer/router/printer/monitor and the heating etc etc.

All of which are obviosuly essential in our household so sometimes far better not to know 'something' eh :lol:

I've learnt something else new today Geoff... and that's not to worry about it :D

My, 'what I have found out today' is that Speke Hall is not in the middle of a housing estate as I first thought it was. but is set it in its own most beautiful and immaculately cared for grounds, although it is next to the Speke Airport runway, well worth a visit if you have never been before.

Whilst standing in the Deansgate Railway Station queue to buy my ticket in two massive queues.

I got on at Padagte and the guard wasn't collecting or checking tickets.

Plenty of time to chat in the queue and the guy behind me said that he travelled to London First Class for 12p :shock:

Now I am not recommending this.

He caught a Virgin train and sat in first class. He was served meals etc and no one asked to see his ticket.

As he was getting off he mentioned this to another passenger that he hadn't got a ticket. The other person told him to buy a platform ticket if challenged.

He was asked for his ticket and he told the ticket collector that he had been on the platform train spotting. The ticket collector pointed to the machine and let him buy a ticket, it would only cost 12p!!!

Is this possible :?:

Highly unlikely...... first class are usually the first to get the tickets checked for just the reason that they do get complimentary food and drink.

You can get really good deals on first class tickets if you give a little notice and are not too exact on your times.... but 12p is a bit far fetched!

Probably a safety feature Evils ie the water would have eventually put the flames out to stop them spreading... and then it would have electrocuted you :wink:

Sounds a bit dodgy though eh.

Maybe a complaint letter to Karcher... then may give you another one to keep you quiet :wink: