Royal Wedding street parties and costs etc

Dizzy

Will you be having a celebration party ?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be having a celebration party ?

• Yes and it will be to celebrate the royal wedding
    • Yes but not to celebrate the wedding more of an excuse to have one
    • No as I want nothing at all to do with it all
    • I will be working
    • What wedding ?
    • Other - please state below

My daughter is throwing a party mainly for the granddaughters so I have been instructed by her 'who shall be obeyed' to attend and have been instructed as the only granddad to sit myself in a corner where my excellent son-in-law will keep me supplied with cans of happy juice and unless I have anything positive to say about the royal couple, to keep my trap shut. :wink:

Aww Algy... you can come to ours and sit with my other half as he's under the same instructions so at least you could both have a 'chat' :lol:

I was going to suggest you sit near my dad but you may pick up too many bad habits :wink::lol:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So back to the Royal wedding......

An 84 year old lady has written,sung and released a song for it. Downloadable from iTunes too for 99p with the money going to alzheimer's charity.

Rather catchy actually :oops::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Epv9-3_40

I wonder wether she realises she was waving her walking stick and not a flag though :wink:

They also mentioned that the money coming in from tourism, shopping etc etc will be way above that though.

Problem is a lot of the money coming in wont go into the same pot that the ?20million came out of though.. it will go into private pots.

The security costs have gone up because of the muslim threats of demonstrations etc so maybe 'they' should pay that proportion :wink:

Conversly - the estimate of money coming into "the Country", is up to a $billion - presume from daft Yanks and other tourists, who got rid of their monarchs and now gag over this real life fairy tale. Perhaps we should all dress up as medival peasants and get out selling them Kate and Wills memorabillia?! :lol:

well why don't we give the royals EVERY penny of the money they generate, including "royalties" from merchandising, ticket sales etc etc and then let them use the same tax loopholes that Blair has probably now found?

I'm sure they would be many more millions better off than they are now!

You lefty republicans don't realise how lucky we are to have the monarchy

well why don't we give the royals EVERY penny of the money they generate, including "royalties" from merchandising, ticket sales etc etc and then let them use the same tax loopholes that Blair has probably now found?I'm sure they would be many more millions better off than they are now!

You lefty republicans don't realise how lucky we are to have the monarchy

the bit in bold is especially lame, even for you mate.

You would be far better pointing out that the "Royals" forgo all the profit from the Crown Estate which goes directly into the Treasury. This is the revenue from land owned by the Royal Family for over 1000 years. It amounts to well over 200 million pounds a year.

Not the pompous, miserable , rich buggers some would have us believe :wink:

In which case - they (the Royals) could afford it! :wink:

'In 2008 the Times newspaper Rich List placed Liz Windsor at number 264 in its report of the UK's wealthiest individuals. Her personal wealth was put at ?320m. '

that just leaves 'pompous and miserable' :wink:

the bit in bold is especially lame, even for you mate.

You would be far better pointing out that the "Royals" forgo all the profit from the Crown Estate which goes directly into the Treasury. This is the revenue from land owned by the Royal Family for over 1000 years. It amounts to well over 200 million pounds a year.

Not the pompous, miserable , rich buggers some would have us believe :wink:

I know, but all is fair game in politics....especially how our former glorious leader Margaret was invited along with Mr Major; while Tony and Gordon will have to watch it from Tonys Yacht in Monaco!