Royal Wedding street parties and costs etc

Dizzy

Will you be having a celebration party ?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be having a celebration party ?

• Yes and it will be to celebrate the royal wedding
    • Yes but not to celebrate the wedding more of an excuse to have one
    • No as I want nothing at all to do with it all
    • I will be working
    • What wedding ?
    • Other - please state below

Well dog has been for his first walk and thoroughly enjoyed it. Had my coffee and checked that the bike starts and will soon be off to see how the father in law is after his stay in hospital.

Whilst there will try and finish off pressure washing the flags in is back garden and if I finish that may move on to mowing the lawn. finish all that for three pm and head home to see what I can find to do for the rest of the evening before taking the dog for his evening walk and finally retiring to bed to catch up on my reading.

As for TV will probably end up watching reruns of catchphrase on challenge and repeats of CSI on five usa :roll:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My days finally been decided and it's not quite a street party but a party none the less so we'll call it a Royal wedding BBQ party. We're watching the event on my son's large HD tv with the rest of the familly rather than on our tiny black and white thing.

To those into the royals, enjoy the day with everyone else and to those who are workin, tell your boss they'er a miserable sod for making you work! :lol:

Bill :)

I'm niether a republican nor a subservient, forlock tugging peasant Baz - :wink:

Me neither Obs. What Baz doesn't or will not accept/understand is the millions on centre ground who just couldn't care less about the whole charade. As for Maggie she's in good company along with the pro-Mugabe Ambassador of Zimbabwe, Gabriel Machinga.

Baz, one of the best things about the Monarchy has been their percieved abiliy to rise above or not become involved party politically. On this occasion they have let themselves down to be honest. Will Major be accompanied by Edwina????

Just hope they stick at it, unlike his aunt, uncle and gt/aunt - and the press leave them alone. :cry:

Agreed.

This lot of young Royals seem to be better than the previous generation of bed hoppers and failed soldiers. Good luck to them. Diane did a solid job of bringing them up despite the Royal-ness.

Some people just don't care who they upset.

Bad taste Wolfie, you should be ashamed of yourself.

If it was as bad as you say it would have been moderated or even deleted. It appears to me that for some, having a go at teachers, gypsies or the police is tolerated but have a go at the Royals and they should be ashamed. Well I aint, so get a life and accept it for what it was, a joke. :roll:

• 2 weeks later...
Up to 2 billion people is the expected worldwide TV audience.

batters the Olympics and even a Man Utd game! :lol:

Actual viewing figures show a worldwide TV audience of only 340million. :roll: Less than the worldwide support of Man United. :D:D

Uk viewing figures of only 24million, 6million less than the 1966 World Cup. :wink:

The Olympics opening ceremony regularly gets 1 billion. :shock:

Up to 2 billion people is the expected worldwide TV audience.

batters the Olympics and even a Man Utd game! :lol:

Actual viewing figures show a worldwide TV audience of only 340million. :roll: Less than the worldwide support of Man United. :D:D

Uk viewing figures of only 24million, 6million less than the 1966 World Cup. :wink:

The Olympics opening ceremony regularly gets 1 billion. :shock:

And you got these figures from where may I ask?

The ceremony (11am-12.15pm) was watched by an average audience of 19.2 million (68.9% share) across BBC One, BBC One HD and BBC News Channel.

The total reach of 34.7 million watched some of the BBC's wedding coverage in UK, including the BBC One programme and news coverage.

That doesn't include those who watched it on SKY or ITV

and as for only 340million watching it worldwide..... you are having a laugh. The estimated audience after the event is still in excess of 2 billion people watching..... so a little bit more than watch your rather predicatable football club wolfie!

Baz, the official figure for BBC 1 THE ROYAL WEDDING (BBC) (FRI) 13.59m http://www.barb.co.uk/report/weeklyTopProgrammesOverview?

Sky was only 661,000.

If I put the link for the World figures you wouldn't believe it.

But suffice to say that Chas and Di's wedding had an estimated tv audience of 2billion which actually ended up at 3/4 of a bilion, and W&C's wedding was nowhere hear as popular as Chas and Di's.

But the figure is way behind the 32.3 million who were glued to the 1966 World Cup Final ? which pipped the 32.1 million who watched Princess Diana?s 1997 ?funeral.

Kate and Wills also had fewer ?viewers than the 28.4 million tuned to Di?s marriage to Charles in 1981 and the 27.6 million who watched Princess Anne wed Mark Phillips in 1973.