Royal Wedding street parties and costs etc

Dizzy

Will you be having a celebration party ?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be having a celebration party ?

• Yes and it will be to celebrate the royal wedding
    • Yes but not to celebrate the wedding more of an excuse to have one
    • No as I want nothing at all to do with it all
    • I will be working
    • What wedding ?
    • Other - please state below

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you expect Obs he's the future King of England :P

Nice that the americans and other countries think so highly of our royal family though eh ?

At the end of the day Obs if you don't want to watch it just turn off and do something else... life's not all about watching the TV you know.

Anyway I hope they both have a lovely day and even moreso that the sun shines on their wedding day.. especially in Warrington :D

Sorry Lucy I forgot to reply to your question...

I may watch bits of it depending on what else I am doing or where I am but I wont be sat glued to the TV all day that's for sure.....my other half would cut the plug off :lol:

I've been invited to quite a few street parties and bbq's though so it could be a busy and fun day.

All the highlights will be on the news, in the papers etc etc so there's not much chance of missing out on much of it for days/ weeks anyway.

looking at our poll.....will the 7 people "who want nothing to do with it at all....." not be bothering to have the day off? or will they be the same leftys that moan about such things as non union members getting the pay rises won by unions???

oooohhh don't you just love double standards!!??

Believe this lot is costing Kate's DAD over ?100,OOO. :shock:

Is that all.... considering it is such a grand affair I think that's excellent value for money :D

Apparently the "normal person's" wedding averages at around ?20,000 these days.

looking at our poll.....will the 7 people "who want nothing to do with it at all....." not be bothering to have the day off? or will they be the same leftys that moan about such things as non union members getting the pay rises won by unions???

oooohhh don't you just love double standards!!??

Well if this pole is anything to go by that will be the vast majority of the population then :D

With a bit of luck Kate's uncle -Gary Goldsmith will start a punch up at the reception only then will it be interesting to turn the tv on. :wink:

My daughter is throwing a party mainly for the granddaughters so I have been instructed by her 'who shall be obeyed' to attend and have been instructed as the only granddad to sit myself in a corner where my excellent son-in-law will keep me supplied with cans of happy juice and unless I have anything positive to say about the royal couple, to keep my trap shut. :wink:

What's wrong with that... I think it's rather nice (the idea I mean rather than the design) :D

His daughter is maring the future king so his family will be 'posh and important' now by family association.

I suppose they could have always used one that already exists for the name Middleton though... right click and 'save as' :wink:

What's your family coat of arms like Obs... is it a evil three headed beast with a sword wielding gnome in a blue, red and yellow striped duffle coat ?

:lol::wink:

If you are right Obs then that must be why I just found my family coat of arms on t'interweb.... We were clearly the lords, masters (or maybe mistresses :lol: )

'We' did not run... Master, Mistress, followers, every man woman and child stood together united and strong.... as a team... we battled to the bitter end for what we believed in... and we conquered :D

Allegidely 8)

You should google yours Obs as should Lt K as maybe your paths crossed in former life too :lol: