Being Manipulated by the USA Again.

algy

Here we go again - US was asked to do something and they have - no matter whether they do something or do not do something, they are always the bad guys. I give up. :roll::roll:
Can only agree with this Mary. America is a big huge bogeyman to many in this country, there's no logic behind it, just an automatic response to all thinks USA.

Here we go again - US was asked to do something and they have - no matter whether they do something or do not do something, they are always the bad guys. I give up. :roll::roll:

Sorry Mary I didn't mean to offend you and I have nothing against America but the news reports over here both on our normal channels and sky/cnn keep going on about the wobbly stance taken by Pres. Obama and they are not showing him in a very good light at all. :?

Would be interesting to hear what they are saying on your news channels as I guess they are calling us and everyone else eh ?

I listen to President Obama speaking on the BBC and his words to me sound extremely precise and genuine. Then they invite some newspaper columnist to add their comments and bingo, you end up with a completely different story.

Again who?s right and who?s wrong depends on the individual but when it comes to who I?d trust, my money would be with the man elected to make critical decisions rather than one whose simply paid to make critical stories.

We all have the right to express our opinions but it would be nice if people could bear in mind that when criticising a national governments or a whole race of people, it can be just as offensive as a personal insult.

Bill :)

I guess you are right in a way Bill and my opinions have, I suppose, been drawn from what I have read in the papers/online news stories and seen on news reports. I haven't actually heard Obama talking about it on TV :oops:

I have now slapped my own hand and will try and watch the same programmes as you are watching before I make further comment although I'm not convinced that trusting anyone who has simply been elected to make critical dicisions is a wise move :?:wink:

Indeed, Obama is extremely thoughtfull and calculating; and no doubt still embarrassed by the failiure of his election promises to close Quantanamo and bring the boys home from Afghanistan and Iraq pdq. But his mates across the pond, Dave and Sarkastic were already getting the toys out of the box and gagging to appear macho, to improve their poll ratings after severe domestic cuts - so I guess, against his better judgement, the big boy was drawn into the game. However, the US is now trying to pass the ball to the Europeans, by asking NATO to take over, but this may not get support from Turkey and Germany. Like most military interventions, outcomes are totally unpredictable, the Iraq no fly zone lasted over 12 years and these little macho adventures cost ? money. As most military men know, bombing may flatten the ground, but it can't take it. :shock:

Ahh I see.

So I guess all the other allied forces know exactly what's going on then, what each of them are supposed to be doing, what their part is and as such they are all working together as a precise and united 'team' then ??

Diz, the Foreign and Defence Secretaries can't even agree with the Chief of Defence Staff - that the UN resolution does NOT allow the deliberate targeting of Gadafi. The no fly zone is, in effect, an air umbrella for the rebels, who are now continuing the fighting under it's cover - so much for a ceasefire or the protection of civilians. The whole thing appears to be one big hypocritical farce, with Quatar (noted for it's democratic freedoms) offering 4 planes as the token Arab involvement! :roll:

Solution? Not really any solution, global politics is about recognising a sordid global reality and dealing with it on the basis of lesser evils, based on OUR National interests and safety. As has been the historical precedent, global stability is based on a balance of power and influence, which sometimes requires dealing with totalitarian regimes. :cry: