Westbrook/Asda traffic lights

disgusted

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, just back from my annual trip up to Aberdeen, and what do i find on the edge of a brand new housing estate? Two roundabouts on a 'B' road running through it, where they have pedestrian crossings on the exit arms at the monstrous distance of TWO car lengths from the exits.

Now, seeing as the main argument for not reinstating the old roundabout was that legally (allegedly) it's not possible to have lights that close to a roundabout, an argument that I grudgingly accepted at face value from councillor Axel, it would appear that either common sense flies in the face of the law in Scotland, or I was spun a very tall story to cover the fact that Warrington councillors/officials would rather waste money on yet another bodge than actually admit they are wrong and put things back the way they were?

Well well, I presume some of you read the news sheet from our local MP today?

Seems that according to her anyway, there's been absolutly no change in the law in the last ten years that would have prevented the roundabout going back as was, or indeed as they still seem perfectly capable of building just this year in Aberdeenshire.

So it seems I was just lied to, the questions is why? What do they have to gain? I am baffled.

Of course, the bigger question is why can;t an MP actually do something about this, rather than print out newsletters pointing out how bad the current council are screwing things up?

Labour MP vs Lib Dem/Tory Council. No guesses as to why then?
Oh indeed. Labou MPO points out that the self made problem can be solved in exactly the way that the constituents want, Lib/Tory councillors decide they'll do anything but what the MP suggests

I have reached the stage now of utter and total frustration with the stupidity of my representatives, who seem to put common sense and fiscal prudence behind scoring party political points.

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE PERSONAL ATTACKS ON PEOPLE - IT IS AGAINST THE RULES OF THE FORUM!

Gary admin

The pair of them should be highlighted as being the ward representives when all this money was wasted and they should be voted out at the next election.

They shouldn't be allowed to be in charge of an area when so much money has been wasted & so many lies have been told to the electorate. The other councillor that used to come on here, the labour bloke with his own blog site; can't remember his name; he actually posted on here that he was told that the lights at LA Bowl were being switched on back in Feb or March. Unfortunately, the council sort of forgot to carry out the health and safety audits for the lights before they were installed and when they finally got round to doing one; it failed. Paul, stick that on your front page!!

Baz

He is a rude, arrogant and not very pleasant little man at all who likes to try and put people down and embarrass them rather loudly in public with his wonderful knowledge of 'none of the facts' or anything else for that matter :roll: Backfires on him sometimes though :D:wink:

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE PERSONAL ATTACKS ON PEOPLE - IT IS AGAINST THE RULES OF THE FORUM

Gary (Admin)

UPDATE: Cllr Chaos is not happy that I have accussed him of lying over the legality of replacing the roundabout, and/or having pedestrian crossing lights on approach arms to a roundabout, and will no longer respond to my emails.

:roll:

It seems however that it's ok for him to lie (whether intentionally, or because he's been mislead by council officials) to me. I guess we're just here to vote these people in to office, expectring representation and responsive officials is asking a little too much?

Just keep using Chapelford as a short cut (see my previous post on this) saves me loads of time.

Work seems to have stopped or slowed to a near stop on these lights.

BTW we lost out on extra government money because WBC failed to address congestion well enough at the last LTP review. No doubt i'll remind the government of these lights at the next LTP review.

While we are all entitled to an opinion please refrain from making personal attacks on people as it is against the rules of the forum.
I don't think it's a personal attack Gary, it's not meant that way, it's meant as a statement of fact.

The facts in this matter clealry indicate that the reasons for the current path being taken that were told to me, are wholly untrue, unless our MP is lying?

One side says that it is legally impossible to either return the roundabout to its former state and/or add pedestrian crossings on approach arms, and the other says this is simply not the case and perfectly possible/legal.

Whatever way you cut it, someone is lying to their electorate.

BTW we lost out on extra government money because WBC failed to address congestion well enough at the last LTP review.

My understanding is that the ?4 million on offer was conditional on introducing a congestion charge. The "offer" was rightly declined in my opinion. Congestion charges and the like hurt those on modest means the most, and much of the money collected goes on administering the scheme. Getting the 2 + million cars that are being driven illegally off our roads might reduce congestion. :wink:

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE PERSONAL ATTACKS ON PEOPLE - IT IS AGAINST THE RULES OF THE FORUM

Gary (Admin)

OK :roll: Sorry (only to you by the way :wink: )

However, it's really annoying how 'some' people in authority are all wrapped in cotton wool to avoid their feelings being hurt or reputation being soured when they themselves WONT answer people's questions, emails, letters, phone calls or indeed admit they may have been wrong. What makes it even worse is that many of 'them' seem at liberty to voice their own opinions in a derogatory manner against members of the public IN PUBLIC and yet we have to tip-toe round them :roll:

Now maybe if they all joined the forum rather than spitting their dummies out perhaps we would all understand them and the reasons for the actions that have been taken a little better :D8)

UPDATE: Cllr Chaos is not happy that I have accussed him of lying over the legality of replacing the roundabout, and/or having pedestrian crossing lights on approach arms to a roundabout, and will no longer respond to my emails.

It seems however that it's ok for him to lie (whether intentionally, or because he's been mislead by council officials) to me. I guess we're just here to vote these people in to office, expectring representation and responsive officials is asking a little too much?

Members of the public are allowed to speak at the parish council meetings Fatshaft. They are held at Kingswood Community Centre and the next one is at 7.30 on September 17th. You would be allowed some time to put forward your point to the relevent people and would be assured of an answer at the least.

Members of the public are allowed to speak at the parish council meetings Fatshaft. They are held at Kingswood Community Centre and the next one is at 7.30 on September 17th. You would be allowed some time to put forward your point to the relevent people and would be assured of an answer at the least.

I'm in Leamington Monday through Friday or believe me I would be there in a shot. Leamington btw is another council area who have no legal restricitons on placing new pedestrian crossing lights near to roundabouts within the last year.

I am beginning to wonder if WBC are an independent nation with laws all of their own?

But I suppose they could argue that they are being subjected to personal attacks on this Forum by posters who don't post in their own names, which I assume they feel is somewhat unfair.....they are being named and the poster is unnamed :wink:
They are public figures and have made themselves so by running for elected office, I have no such need for recognition, although Councillor Chaos (I don't think I've named anyone here specifically?) would be well aware of exactly who I am. :wink:

Again, I haven't attacked him personally imo, I have stated that someone somewhere has lied to me, either it is our councillors who say that the preffered options of the public are legally impossible to carry out, whereas our MP says this is nonsense. If it's nonsense then it IS a lie, whether intentional or as a result of misunderstanding I cannot possibly speculate, but a lie nonetheless.

I certainly have no stated that any of the three councillors who have commented on this have intentionally mislead their constituents, nor have I saiud for a fact that our MP is right either, but someone IS lying to us here.

But I suppose they could argue that they are being subjected to personal attacks on this Forum by posters who don't post in their own names, which I assume they feel is somewhat unfair.....they are being named and the poster is unnamed :wink:
They are public figures and have made themselves so by running for elected office, I have no such need for recognition, although Councillor Chaos (I don't think I've named anyone here specifically?) would be well aware of exactly who I am. :wink:

Again, I haven't attacked him personally imo, I have stated that someone somewhere has lied to me, either it is our councillors who say that the preffered options of the public are legally impossible to carry out, whereas our MP says this is nonsense. If it's nonsense then it IS a lie, whether intentional or as a result of misunderstanding I cannot possibly speculate, but a lie nonetheless.

I certainly have no stated that any of the three councillors who have commented on this have intentionally mislead their constituents, nor have I saiud for a fact that our MP is right either, but someone IS lying to us here.

Since when has someone misunderstanding something, or being given mis-information made them a liar? :?

Since when has someone misunderstanding something, or being given mis-information made them a liar? :?

If they are then giving this as the categorical reason for taking the course of action they are taking, based not on an opinion, but on a black and white piece of legislation that can be checked that prohibits such action to take place, when in fact there is no such legislation, then what would you call it? I'd say stating something as fact (not opinion) that isn't, is a lie, wouldn't you?

To re-iterate, the reason given that the roundabout did not simply have pedestrian crossing lights inserted close to each access arm originally, is because it is no longer legally possible to site lights as close as can be seen further down Cromwell Avenue, due to changes in legislation. These alleged changes would mean that the lights would be so far away from the roundabout as to make them redundant anyway, hence this course of action was rejected.

Our MP says there has been no change in legislation in this area for 10 years, I can cite examples both in Aberdeen and Leamington where recently added pedestrian lights are as close to the junction as you find on Cromwell Ave.

Therefore if I (and others who have been informed of the reasons for the current state of our roads) have not been lied to on this, then our councillors have absolutely no grasp of what they could and could not do before sanctioning the ?700,000 that has been spent on this section of road, I would suggest alternatively then that they must be incredibly negligent?

It must be one or the other?

I'm in Leamington Monday through Friday or believe me I would be there in a shot. Leamington btw is another council area who have no legal restricitons on placing new pedestrian crossing lights near to roundabouts within the last year.

I am beginning to wonder if WBC are an independent nation with laws all of their own?

if you are out of Warrington Monday through Friday when do these lights affect you Fatshaft, they aren't usually as bad at the weekend? ( not in any way sticking up for the lights btw)