Westbrook/Asda traffic lights

disgusted

I went to Asda and 'Toys R not really us' on Tuesday afternoon and there were no queues on the approaching roads at all so I was pleasantly suprised. Saying that there were NO queues in either of the shops either :? Stange as it was two days before xmas :?

So something with the roads must have changed for the better since the last time I dared to go that way and sat in a traffic jam for nearly 1/2 an hour :shock:

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dismayed

There is not a problem as people make out I live up there and I have no problem getting around its just at times like first thing in a morning and home time all other times are ok but it affects house price up their when the road network is not ideal see but to most all as come to light when the law was passed where they have to come clean when it come to sell your house . I have live up here for over 35 years now in the middle of it all and this as been the best it?s been trust me I have no house to sell. and taxi have no problum as well getting around they will tell you as well

Dismayed

There is not a problem as people make out I live up there and I have no problem getting around its just at times like first thing in a morning and home time all other times are ok but it affects house price up their when the road network is not ideal see but to most all as come to light when the law was passed where they have to come clean when it come to sell your house . I have live up here for over 35 years now in the middle of it all and this as been the best it?s been trust me I have no house to sell. and taxi have no problum as well getting around they will tell you as well

What utter drivel once again.

There were no complaints when it was a roundabout. Now if you're trying to say it's something to do with house prices as you suggest (which it isn't btw), then in some way this must have had a negative impact on traffic, or else we wouldn't be complaining about the effect this has on our travel times (sorry house prices I mean LDO :roll: ).

So with that being said, and you at least admitting that complaints about this junction only started once the lights went in, how can you possibly align those comments that the traffic is the best it's ever been?

It will also be quieter up there as the schools are closed and people are on holiday, so no 'rush hour', no school run for the primary schools and no parking and blocking up Cromwell at St Gregs.
Exactly, even the M6 is a (relative) dream when the schools are out, even more so over the Xmas period than any other school holiday.

Tara Dad..... 35 years ago, there were no houses around here. I used to play in the fields around here and up where Gullivers world is so unless you lived in an old RAF air raid shelter I am a little confused as to where you have lived for the past 35 years.

And of course it has nothing to do with house prices... what on earth of a difference would it make either way to the price of a house? It is a road junction issue which has cost you and me and many more like us about a million pounds (that is 6 zeros) of our taxes and there is still more congestion now than there ever was before when there was a roundabout. Why you find that level of incompetance and money wasting amusing is beyond me!

It will also be quieter up there as the schools are closed and people are on holiday, so no 'rush hour', no school run for the primary schools and no parking and blocking up Cromwell at St Gregs.

I see your point but I expected it to be chaos at Christmas time with all the last minute shoppers and food buying etc. Maybe it's the credit crunch and people weren't shopping :shock::wink:

I might be brave and go to Ikea tomorrow after all :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
It's school holiday time :wink:

No complaints for the past year and a half though :lol:

a lot of the traffic now goes the other way; past the school..... there was also a serious looking crash there over the weekend... police shut the road and everything!

We just have to live with it now Dizzy as the council don't give a fig for what us taxpayers think anyway....

It's school holiday time :wink:

No complaints for the past year and a half though :lol:

Plenty Diz, just could no longer be bothered to post about it. Having had a meeting with our councillors at their weekly pow wow at Westbrook library (following a long email exchange), it became apparent that they were simply happy to spout doctrine rather than think critically about whether the policy was actually logical and correct.

So I gave up.

Tara Dad..... 35 years ago, there were no houses around here. I used to play in the fields around here and up where Gullivers world is so unless you lived in an old RAF air raid shelter I am a little confused as to where you have lived for the past 35 years.

Me too, Back then it was Sandy Hills and Rigbys farm as I recall

• 1 month later...

See now GW is getting a hotel. The traffic is bad enough thru these lights even now - god knows what it will be like if GW gets more people visiting. Time to dual the A574 from Winwick Road to Sankey Way I think. Its clealry an essential road for this area and unless they put a roundabout back in, something more needs to be done.

• 2 months later...

Time for another timely bump.

One of the big reasons - in fact the biggest reason according to the local councillors at the time - for not simply inserting pelican crossings on each arm of the old roundabout, was that they would have to be too close to the roundabout's exit, and this breached H&S limits.

With that in mind, has anyone noticed the new pelican crossings being built on Birchwood Way at its crossing with Blackbrook Avenue?

Funny shit eh? Still, why admit the whole thing was a massive million pound mistake, when you can just tell a massive whopping lie instead?