Westbrook/Asda traffic lights

disgusted

Personally I think it's a disgrace, but hopefully a lesson has been learned that the headless nonsense that pedestrians & cycles must be put before the car regardless of all other considerations is a flawed and ridiculous piece of political posturing.

You'll get hate mail and the thought police visiting you for making comments like that. :wink::D:D:D

I know, but to be frank I'm getting to the end of my tether with all this anti-car nonsense. I don't personally know a single person who agrees with it, and if you look at London, the vote for Boris, which in reality was a vote against congestion charging as much as anything shows that the tide is turning on this issue. The anti-car lobby have had it their own way for too long.

With regards to congestion, what you have to remember is that before you introduce a congestion charge :wink: , you first of all have to create plenty of congestion.

You've said that a few times before Paul, and I always scoffed at your cynicism, but I am beginning to think you are spot on.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Viginian,

turn your PC off and go and ask mummy and daddy if they are happy that almost a million pounds of their hard earned poll tax has gone in creating issues on a road junction where there were previously none.

I have to go through these on a few occasions every day and I too take the alternative route past seven woods now instead of the asda lights. So yes it has just moved the traffic elsewhere........

The pedestrian lights are an absolute waste of time because the majority of the pedestrians still run across the road in front of the traffic.

Just remember that councillors Earl and Long were in favour of these lights when it comes round to the next local election and get shut of the pair of them

You sad man, have you not got anything better to do on a Saturday night than to posting on this site you must live a sad life.

How come that before the junction was altered there was traffic chaos, now all of a sudden that the junction is complete the traffic has gone elsewhere? I come through the junction at least twice a day and it is no where near as bad as it was. Get a life :P

You know after all the years I?ve spent on this forum, I think its safe to say that people that ends posts by telling other posters to ?Get a life? generally get little respect from other users.

Anyone incapable of respectful responses or who ressort to personal insults should consider if discussion forums are the right place for them to be.

You know after all the years I?ve spent on this forum, I think its safe to say that people that ends posts by telling other posters to ?Get a life? generally get little respect from other users.

Anyone incapable of respectful responses or who ressort to personal insults should consider if discussion forums are the right place for them to be.

Probably not. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was in Pizza Hut on Winwick Road this afternoon with an excellent view of the roundabout. Just after we arrived the traffic lights failed and traffic flow improved no end, with everybody just obeying normal "rule of the road". Eventually the lights were fixed and the usual semi-gridlock resumed. :roll::roll::roll:

I was in Pizza Hut on Winwick Road this afternoon with an excellent view of the roundabout. Just after we arrived the traffic lights failed and traffic flow improved no end, with everybody just obeying normal "rule of the road". Eventually the lights were fixed and the usual semi-gridlock resumed. :roll::roll::roll:

There is no doubt this is more often the case than not. On a busy commuter route into Leamington one morning, instead of the usual 200 yard tailback at a set of lights, I came upon a queue of about 5 cars, due entirely of course to the fact the lights had failed just as you describe.

By and large, lights should be dug up in most situations.

You sad man, have you not got anything better to do on a Saturday night than to posting on this site you must live a sad life.
What a totally irrelevant and insulting post.

No doubt like me he has kids, so as often as not I am in at a weekend either with them, or waiting for them to come in from wherever they have been. When you grow up you may understand that not everyone is on Bridge Street getting pissed off their heads.

How come that before the junction was altered there was traffic chaos, now all of a sudden that the junction is complete the traffic has gone elsewhere? I come through the junction at least twice a day and it is no where near as bad as it was. Get a life :P
The traffic has gone elsewhere to avoid the mess that is the Westbrook junction. A couple of us have already explained that, and also the fact that the latest change HAS NOT made any significant improvement, I even gave a detailed breakdown on what is now happening on each arm, just for you, because you assumed our lack of continued moaning was a sign of contentment, as already stated, it?s a sign of resigned disgust that despite the wishes of the locals we?ve been constantly ignored.

I must ask again though, why are you so happy at the massive waste of funds that we?ve seen, that has created a bottleneck where none previously existed?

The difference with the LA Bowl lights is that they?re not replacing a roundabout, it?s just a tee junction that?s difficult to get out of at busy times. In fact, thinking about it, a mini roundabout there would probably work better than lights and certainly be less expensive.

I?d bet they?ve not been turned on due to the Asda mess up just up the road; probably the same planners. :roll:

Bill :)

The difference with the LA Bowl lights is that they?re not replacing a roundabout, it?s just a tee junction that?s difficult to get out of at busy times. In fact, thinking about it, a mini roundabout there would probably work better than lights and certainly be less expensive.

I?d bet they?ve not been turned on due to the Asda mess up just up the road; probably the same planners. :roll:

Bill :)

Apparently not been switched on because they failed the safety audits and cannot be switched on because of that. Allegedly.... maybe one of the councillors would like to comment? particularly the ones who have a look in but never dare to post?

Nope.... when you work as much as I do to pay my taxes to fund these wastes of money that our beloved council like to make; everyday is very much like the next. So why is Saturday so special?

it has been answered many times before but I will endeavour to make it clear again in simple terms:

Roundabout = no congestion.

1st incarnation of the traffic lights = chaos.

2nd incarnation of traffic lights = less chaos than 1st incarnation; although this can be attributed to less people using junction and more traffic going the back way to ASDA and passing primary school to get there.

As for the last bit; well that just shows a complete lack of imagination and an ability to come back with anything other than personal insults..... sad really!

remember seeing ASDA first plans for the new system to the road network. But the locals kicked up a storm and stop it mostly because it would in all probability it would lower their house price to be truthful. But there low now ha ha. So you get what you stopped the answer. As for councillors? of other party?s getting there pennies worthy trying to score points have you done anything about other public safety issues NOPE so get use to seeing this kind of replies. its going to follow you around until election time trust me. I live where this is supposes to be a problem?? it?s not for me and a lot of others so it not getting my vote to change it all I can stay its working for me in my eyes and that all that matters to me.

remember seeing ASDA first plans for the new system to the road network. But the locals kicked up a storm and stop it mostly because it would in all probability it would lower their house price to be truthful. But there low now ha ha. So you get what you stopped the answer. As for councillors? of other party?s getting there pennies worthy trying to score points have you done anything about other public safety issues NOPE so get use to seeing this kind of replies. its going to follow you around until election time trust me. I live where this is supposes to be a problem?? it?s not for me and a lot of others so it not getting my vote to change it all I can stay its working for me in my eyes and that all that matters to me.
You'll have to put that in english TD?

• 1 month later...

better but still significanlty worse than with a roundabout.

I find delays now biggest comming southbound due to inadequate time on right turn filter and bus filling the filter lane thus blockign through traffic.

The que's to get into Asda are still bad and they missed an opportunity to provide a undertaking layby there and/or box junction.

The northbound left filet lane has helped but should be longer and shodul defer to the give way unless someonce is crossing.

I think with the above being fixed it will be significanlty better. But they havent listened so far.......

That's about right. Southbound is now a far bigger issue, which makes you wonder how much the last changes helped, when they've clearly changed the timings of the lights to the detriment of the southbound traffic.

Whatever spin they try to put on this, they've created congestion where none existed.

• 3 weeks later...

But before you introduce a congestion charge.....you first of all have to create congestion. :wink:

I think I said the very same thing myself earlier in the thread Paul.

I would not put it past any politician to lie about their ultimate goals!