Why the change?

Lucy

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Sha, he or she has completely misread my earlier posts. I have never suggested that I am "superior" to anyone. What I have said is that others seem to regard me as "superior" ... simply because I object to litter being dropped in the streets.

Indeed you havn't directly, however that is how you come across.

And believe me when I say this, I don't for a second think you're superior, you however clearly see others as inferior to you. That is in no way the same thing. :lol:

Does this forum have an annual award for the member who consistently twists and distorts others' comments? If so, may I nominated Fatshaft for the title.

I have not "admitted" anything about Lymm Golf Club. I am not in a position to do so, never having been there and having no connection with nor interest in, golf.

Neither apparently, is Fatshaft, because it now emerges that he has never played there. But it hasn't prevented him from branding it as a "snooty" club.

Nothing has emerged at all, I said quite clearly (bottom of page 2) that the reception others from my club received when they switched membership was on the frosty side.

Perhaps I have a competitor for the 'twisting and distortion' award?

Well at least we're getting somewhere now, thanks for admitting that Lymm is a snooty golf club where the members will not accept others whom they deem beneath them.

Well, Fatshaft, whatever you said at the bottom of Page 2, you said the above. And seeing as I never "admitted" anything about Lymm Golf Club, the words must be yours.

If they are, in fact, based on hearsay from others, that makes it even worse. You have branded the club as "snooty" without a shred of evidence. Just as you have declared that the litter situation has not worsened without a shred of evidence.

If I have come across as feeling "superior" it is in your own mind which, as I said before, suggests you suffer from a lack of self esteem.

But really, shouldn't we all feel "superior" to litter louts - or do you subscribe to some politically correct theory that one should never criticise anyone?

Funny you are so happy to condemn someone who, in your misguided opinion, feels they are "superior" but not happy to say a single word against people who drop litter!

Unless, of course, the whole issue is a little too close to home.

Does this forum have an annual award for the member who consistently twists and distorts others' comments? If so, may I nominated Fatshaft for the title.

Lucy, I dont know about Fatshaft winning the award, from what I have seen in my short time here I think there would be a few others contesting it. By the way OT. on this forum stands for Off Topic. :wink:

Well at least we're getting somewhere now, thanks for admitting that Lymm is a snooty golf club where the members will not accept others whom they deem beneath them.

Well, Fatshaft, whatever you said at the bottom of Page 2, you said the above. And seeing as I never "admitted" anything about Lymm Golf Club, the words must be yours.

By implication, you clearly did.

If they are, in fact, based on hearsay from others, that makes it even worse. You have branded the club as "snooty" without a shred of evidence.
The evidence is provided by the testimony of others, you'll find that has a lot of standing in the courts of the land.

Just as you have declared that the litter situation has not worsened without a shred of evidence.
You said it had become an issue where none existed in your day, I simply pointed out tha there has always been a litter issue, at least post war at any rate, so your argument didn't bear much scrutiny.

If I have come across as feeling "superior" it is in your own mind which, as I said before, suggests you suffer from a lack of self esteem.
Nope, not from my own mind, rather from your posting style, that anyone not of what you see as equivalent to your breeding is beneath you. No self esteem issues here I'm afraid, but your amatuer psycholgy efforts are appreciated.

But really, shouldn't we all feel "superior" to litter louts - or do you subscribe to some politically correct theory that one should never criticise anyone?
I'm criticising you aren't I? Do you feel your comments should always be above criticism? That what you say should be gleefully accepted as gospel by the serfs?

Funny you are so happy to condemn someone who, in your misguided opinion, feels they are "superior" but not happy to say a single word against people who drop litter!
Then you misunderstand, I am quite happy to criticise litter droppers, but that would be all litter droppers, including the ones from your era whom you seem to feel never existed, rather than just the oiks you would like to tar as untouchables nowadays.

Unless, of course, the whole issue is a little too close to home.
Yes, that'll be it Lucy :roll: I demand a right to drop litter now!!! What a retarded thing to post.

Fatshaft

Please show me where I implied that Lymm Golf Club is "snooty."

It was you who introduced them into the debate, for no other reason, apparently, than that I come from Lymm. I don't know anything about the club.

I am pleased, however, that you at long last have said you are prepared to criticise people who drop litter. All you have done previously is criticise people who criticise people who drop litter!

I have not suggested that there was no litter problem in the past. I have simply said it is worse now. It is doubly worse because, if we have progressed as a society at all, it should have diminished. The fact that it hasn't says something about each successive generation (including my own).

Incidentally, quite by coincidence, I was talking to a serving police officer last week. Age: mid-forties. He was of the opinion that standards of behaviour generally, including littering, had declined even during his time in the force. Sadly, he was also of the opinion that standards had also fallen within the force!

And by the way, hearsay evidence is not admissable in English courts.

Please don't make it any worse Sha :shock::wink:

Don't make it any worse Sha!???

...............Personally speaking I haven't read anything that suggests that Lucy is particularly pompous or condescending or whatever else it was or that Fatshaft is particularly 'lower' in standards or whatever else...................

So can the more personal mud slinging stop now before some people are put on litter picking duty :D:wink:

Dizzy, have you not read Lucy?s posts?

In her first post she blames the litter problem on people of a younger generation,

with regard to picking up litter she wrote;-

????but we are of the last generation that would bother. We discussed the issue and pondered why people are such litterbugs, are so scruffy, so disrespectful, etc, than in our younger days?.

Then she makes the distinction that the fault lies with ?working class? people;-

?We came to the conclusion that in the "bad old days" working class people had some respect for the place in which they lived. Today, working class people have, rightfully, received better educations and getter standards of living. Trouble is, it has made them think that menial tasks like picking up litter, are beneath them, showing respect to others and the environment, is for others, not them?.

She later writes;-

?But why should people of a lower social status litter more than others? Unless, of course, it is because they are of lower status because they are lazy, which is also the root cause of litter?.

These posts are indeed very clearly pompous, condescending and insulting.

With regard to personal mud slinging, Lucy has referred to FatShaft as;-

?the rather objectionable character in his mid-40s?

she assumes that perhaps

?he is one of the litterbugs who doesn't give a damn?

further comments;-

?You only have to look at the name he has chosen to post under to see what sort of a person he is!?

?I am surprised they allow him in a golf club!?

She then insults his friends;-

?if you friends found them otherwise they must belong to some kind of underclass. Perhaps they were not made welcome because they dropped litter on the golf course??

Now Dizzy when one sinks to that level of insults it?s just not cricket is it?

Post edited by Dizzy

Hi BS and welcome to the forum.... I'm really sorry though as I have had to remove your initial posts as 'advertising' of any sort is not allowed on the actual forum pages :oops:

If you want to be added to the site then you can email info@warrington-worldwide.co.uk or click on the 'pm' (private message) link for Gary through the forum pages and I'm sure he will be able to help you.

Thanky and sorry :wink:

Dizzy (Moderator)

....................As for Sha, he or she has completely misread my earlier posts. I have never suggested that I am "superior" to anyone. What I have said is that others seem to regard me as "superior" ... simply because I object to litter being dropped in the streets.

Lucy I think my last post has made it clear that I have not misread your posts and that you have indeed tried to suggest that you are superior to others. As for others seeming to regard you as ?superior? whilst there is absolutely no evidence in the text to suggest that, there is clear evidence that others regard you as ?thinking you are superior? and it has little to do with you objecting to litter being dropped in the streets!

................. lots of typing followed by ...... Now Dizzy when one sinks to that level of insults it?s just not cricket is it?

:lol::lol: Having had the full case so eloquently and informatively put before me by the plaintiff I shall now retire to my chamber to make note before the defendants decide to lodge their own cases against you in return which may/may not back up your defence..... as is their 'human right' (unfortunately) :lol:

You'd make a good solicitor by the way Sha :lol:

Can you start a separate thread as to who is posher. Those from Lymm or those from Appleton. Perhaps St.Heath could join in a swell. :roll:

Spelling again Peter :P:lol:

Some of the peoples from Stockton Heath are far more posher than some of those from Appleton and Lymm... however some of the peoples from Walton are far more posher than the peoples of Stockton Heath who are posher than the peoples of Appleton and Lymm.

So that makes Walton Posher and the rest a little grotty (ish).. somethimes.. depending on who you are actually comparing .

The of course we have the really posh peoples of Latchfooord and other areas who are way above us all due to them being more normal like and worldly and these are often called 'Peters' or 'Observers' :lol: