Woolston Community High protest update

lotts

Actually Gary it was a good networking event the guy behind me does cricket for the kids up in Paul's neck of the woods. My lad could do with getting his coaching badges in the sport so I'll put them in contact with each other.

Just as well that photo is far away you can't see the stress lines and the blueness of my skin as the cold set in. :D

[ 19.11.2007, 13:55: Message edited by: Geoff Settle ]

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Peter:

Dismayed,

The local politicians only get involved on the streets "AFTER" the final decision has been taken.

the secret for Joe Public is to know what is going on in their community and take up arms "BEFORE" the decisions get taken.

IF people told their local cllrs that they would vote them out at the next election, they might pay a bit more attention and put forward the views of the public.

Peter, sorry to say but the 'before' tactic and threats of voting them out doesn't work either :wink: If only life were that simple eh :P

Originally posted by Dismayed:

I havent received a PM yet... does it come to my actual email address or do I pick it up from somewhere else?

You need to turn the option on. Go into update/profile via my profile and select allow user to send PM.

There is at least one possibly two posters who knows the answer.

When someone posts a PM for you there will be a flashing link that you click on to collect your message.

[ 22.11.2007, 23:17: Message edited by: Geoff Settle ]

Originally posted by Geoff Settle:

Originally posted by Dismayed:

I havent received a PM yet... does it come to my actual email address or do I pick it up from somewhere else?

You need to turn the option on. Go into update/profile via my profile and select allow user to send PM.

There is at least one possibly two posters who knows the answer.

When someone posts a PM for you there will be a flashing link that you click on to collect your message.

Thanks Geoff...

I've updated my profile as per your instructions... many thanks :D

Here's hoping that I someday see a flasher when I log on :D

Hello All.

By way of an update... There will be a protest at the Town Hall from 5.15 on Monday 3rd December when the Executive Board next meet to discuss the report published by the LEA on Friday.

Could I ask all who support the campaign to keep Woolston Community High School open to attend and make their voices heard. We also need to continue to lobby ALL 57 Councillors via letter and email to vote against the closure.

Thanks

Lotts