Woolston Community High protest update

lotts

Hello all.

Owing to circumstances beyond our control, the march from Woolston High into Warrington will NOT be going ahead tomorrow (Saturday).

We will however, all be making our way into town separately and meeting at Market Gate (the skittles)at 12pm. Please can I encourage as many people as possible to come and support us.

For further information check

www.warringtoncouncil.youdontcare.com

Many thanks,

Lotts

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks lotts I was going to have to walk to Woolston and then onto Town. I've only recovered from coming back from Manchester via Padgate station plus my kids dragged me out this morning before I left for two runs.

Shame about the march but safety must come first and the large number of people would pose a problem especially the way cars parked on and off the pavements these days :o

Somehow walking day got permission but then that was in a certain person's he appears not to be interested in supporting the school. :o

not worth walking need to threaten central government that unless woolston kept open then all government buildings will be blockaded and no government work allowed to take place. forget local go national and sort out the guy at the root of this the one eyed unelected leader of the communist robbers currently in whitehall.

What ever lads I didn't see either of you there today! BUT TLC was she shouted to me and took my piccie :D

There was a very good turn out and well supported by other posters who did care and are prepared to turn out in the very cold conditions.

We had a good sing against the closure and leaflets were given out about future events.

The next one is on Monday the 6th December at the Town Hall why not come along if you've nothing on and lend your support if you change your minds.

[ 17.11.2007, 14:42: Message edited by: Geoff Settle ]

Who gets what in an election dosen't matter.

The issue is the school and the community. The whole thing is down to number crunching nothing more nothing less. It's people like you who just want to score political capital out of other peoples missery. :o

Today there were loads of kids out fighting for their future, along with their parents and grandparents brothers and sisters.

Well done to Paul Andrews and his team for an excellent job. :D

[ 17.11.2007, 17:46: Message edited by: Geoff Settle ]

Originally posted by Eagle:

It is interesting that protesters were willing to walk from Woolston to Warrington to complain that Padgate is too far to walk :confused:

You must be confused the protest is not about the walk the kids will have to do to get to school it is about them closing the school and ruining our community.

If, however, it is not safe for a group of adults and children to walk into town from woolston then obviously the powers that be must think that it will be unsafe for unsupervised children to walk to Padgate everyday to get to school.

Originally posted by Eagle:

It is interesting that protesters were willing to walk from Woolston to Warrington to complain that Padgate is too far to walk :confused:

Difference being that today's protest walk was one day and also for adults and children rather than the issue of children having to walk quite some distance to school 5 days a week perhaps unacompanied.

Are you a parent Eagle or just a bored poster who likes to twist things :confused:

Nice to meet you, Hilda and Paul today. Great turn out and by the look of things they are starting to take you seriously. :D

Loved all the professional banners, plus the cheer leading sister whose sister was holding the really big banner next to me. Even I joined in singing. :D

I wonder if Warrington TV captured the event? I hope so?

Thanks Geoff

I handed out and explained the protest to over 100 people and all bar 2 people where interested in the problem. What shocked me the most was that most of these people believed that WBC where working for Warrington's future

Everyone please can you inform your councillor of your opinion and tell them who is the voter

WWW.WARRINGTONCOUNCIL.YOUDONTCARE.COM

I`m sorry folks we would all like a Secondary School and a hospital at the end of the street but it`s economically unsustainable - If the people of Woolston so much want their school to stay open then why for a number of years have large percentage of pupils from Primary schools in the area gone elsewhere - this has been the situation at Bruche Primary as well as Woolston Primary amongst others .

I could also add that Woolston has a dreadful reputation for discipline - compare the Uniform code to Birchwood or even Padgate for example(Woolston pupils are known throughout Warrington for looking like they have come off the set of the Catherine Tate Show ) .

Also why - more or less uniquely amongst secondary schools are Woolston High School pupils allowed out at lunchtimes on mass - I visited the tip last week and the burger wagon was besieged by Woolston students whilst Birchwood and Padgate do not allow pupils out into the area around the schools at lunchtimes without a parental note ...

[ 17.11.2007, 22:46: Message edited by: Alien Circumstance ]

It is not economically unsustainable to keep Woolston High School open. It currently has over 900 pupils on roll.

Also have you visited Padgate shops or Birchwood shopping centre at lunch? Am not saying two wrongs etc. but they are hardly sealed sites.

for the record I believe that Woolston have the same policy, only ks4 pupils with a note are allowed out.

Originally posted by warringtoncouncil.is good:

This is not about 3/4 schools this is about council cash. How much would you get for land in padgate, Birchwood or woolston.

Now we are getting closer to the nitty gritty of your campaign ...

Padgates intake covers Fearnhead and Cinnamon Brow which has some of the most expensive properties in North Warrington - it also votes Lib Dem unlike the Working-class labour voters of Woolston - which area do you think has the highest rateable values ?...

[ 17.11.2007, 23:00: Message edited by: Alien Circumstance ]

This is not about 3/4 schools this is about council cash. How much would you get for land in padgate, Birchwood or woolston. Now we are getting closer to the nitty gritty of your campaign ...

Padgates intake covers Fearnhead and Cinnamon Brow which has some of the most expensive properties in North Warrington - it also votes Lib Dem unlike the Working-class labour voters of Woolston - which area do you think has the highest rateable values ?... [/QB]

Now you are getting into the realms of conspiracy theory. I know families in the Padgate area whose children go to Padgate HS and they are on benefits never mind being wealthy. You will probably find that most schools in the borough cover a wide range of incomes and, in common with the rest of the country, those families that can afford it send their children to private schools and get penalised for it by this crap government.

:wink::wink: