"G"rabbing "P"rofit?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, you either don't get it or are prepared to sanction clear conflicts of interest where NHS funds (our money) could be (quite legally) directed towards increasing their share profits. As for your reference to Gadafi: corruption is one of the reasons for the rebellion, something unlikely ever to occur here based on your servile attitude. :roll:

You haven't answered my questions, just fudged as normal.

I was referring to the Dictatorship bit, as I believe when Leader your fight against expenses etc didn't succeed.

Corruption is rife everywhere, so I am surprised that you are surprised.

I would be more impressed if you started a campaign against GP's et al for having more than one job and more than one surgery.

And don't forget, they have extended families living abroad who they have to support.

What surprise? It merely confirms my cynism of such things and folk's docile acceptance of them. It's certainly no surprise to me that a Tory Gov is introducing fundemental changes to the NHS that places total control of budgetry spending in the hands of GPs who could have an interest in where tax-payer's money is directed. The proposed legislation makes no reference to this anomoly or any clause to outlaw such conflicts of interest. The private sector providers (as reported in this BBC piece) are now queing up to exploit it. :roll:

Obs,

how can you have such misgivings when it was a Labour government which created NHS Trusts which in turn created copious levels of management earning hundreds of thousands of pounds a year from taxpayers money and that then went on to also re-write the GPs contracts which basically gave them a 6 figure basic salary for a 40 hour week with the option of opting out of any overtime!

And you say the Tories have it in for the NHS?

The bloody Labour government had to increase the funding year on year to the NHS to keep up with the ever rising management costs.... look back at the news through 2008, 2009 and see where the trusts we already having to start making savings because the money was running out long before Cameron got near it

the NHS is safe in his hands

He did say that Obs, but only Baz believed him :wink:

I didn't believe him and still don't....... but you can't just keep pumping billions into something which is obviously not working and is top heavy with 6 figure salaried managers

This has probably already been said and appologies for my rant if it has but I for one do not think it is right that the government bailed the banks and now the same banks are paying the likes of one fat cat banker a ?5.5 million in one BONUS.

Maybe the bailed out banks or indeed the bankers who get these extortionate payouts and who wouldn't have had a job now should be donating their huge bonus payments back to the likes of the our NHS, Navy etc etc who are facing huge financial cuts because the government have NO MONEY LEFT !!!!!!

I agree that they are a business so their main objective is to make money... but if they can make enough to pay these types of bonuses why on earth did they need bailing out in the first place ??

The problem with the Banks Diz is, that they are simply too big to be allowed to fail; thus high risk irresponsibility and arrogant bonus payments will continue in the knowledge that the good old tax-payer will bale them out. You'll recall some ideas voiced by Vince Cable PRIOR to the Election which have now been quietly forgotten:- to break up the banks to split the investment element from the high street and to reduce their size, thus making them small enough to fail. He also suggested a levy on their profits and a tax on bonuses - all now forgotten. Could it be that these Masters of the Universe, who warrant a ?14.5million bonus; have more power and influence than our "elected" representatives? There would seem to be enough cash around to fund public services and pay off the national debt, but it appears to be monopolised by a minority of the population, and ?'s appear to carry more weight than votes. :roll: