Grid Lock this morning in Warrington - How was it for yo

Geoff Settle

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Agamemnon:

Wolfie ! Its time you sought proffesional help for your jealousy of the folk of Liverpool syndrome I happen to know that there are many Mancunians who support LFC :D

Just out of curiosity Wolfie, Do you class Evertonians as " scousers " ?

Agamemnon, my views of Liverpool and scousers are well documented and have little to do with football and nothing to do with jealousy. Mine is a view shared by thousands if not millions of other people and is one of the reasons why Liverpool council spend millions of pounds in trying to change the image that others have of Liverpool and it's people. :P

Go on pull the other one.. your relatives obviously don't frequent the pub near Cronk-ny-mona that I visit. It's not far from them.

On European nights it packed full of Liverpool supporters in their LFC shirst and even last Friday there were a number. We only popped in for a minute whilst Joyce made our Chinese Meals. She runs great take-away and is very entertaining.

There's a great view Great View from Cronk-ny-Mona

[ 15.03.2008, 14:07: Message edited by: Semi-retired Geoff ]

Those Liverpool supporters in their red shirts weren't scousers Geoff. Everyone knows that Liverpool supporters are mainly Norwegians :D:D:D:D And you will know that the isle of Man has ancient links with the Vikings :wink::wink:

[ 15.03.2008, 15:08: Message edited by: asperity ]

Originally posted by Agamemnon:

Sorry about the "we" Wolfie

I have edited my post to accomodate you :wink:

That's better, and don't take credit for something that was started by Semi detached Geoff and continued by myself. Yours was simply an intrusion. :P :crazy:

Originally posted by Geoff Settle:

Just as well the people of Liverpool are liked by the Manx.

That's not my experience. First off, the Manx don't particularly like any "come over", but the Scousers especially. The fact many support Liverpool, due to them being their closest "big" team, doesn't mean there is an acceptance of all things Scouse.

When I worked there, my head of security had a saying - "there's a lot of very nice people from Liverpool, unfortunately none of them are on the island".

:wink: