New driver Insurance

Dizzy

Just heard that on the news although my son had told me earlier in the week that young males driver insurance was to come down as a result. He and his friends will soon start to realise that things don't work in quite that way eh.

Said on the radio that young female insurance could go up by 25% depending on personal factors.

Me... well I think it would be fairer if girls went up by 12.5% and boys dropped by 12.5% to make them level :wink:

Or better still boys dropped by 25% to match what girls have been paying :D That would knock over ?1000 of one of the TPF&T quotes I have just got.

Dream on indeed eh as the insurance companies will be rubbing their hands together over this one and I wonder who took the question to the European Courts..... bet they feel bad now :evil:

As for the age discrimination Wahl I doubt that one would work unless you brought into challenge the number of older drivers who are probably more dangerous but then that would just put everyones insurance up to that of youngsters if this case is anything to go by.

I see far more adults in cars texting or on their mobile phones that youngsters... and infact it is always 'adults' who cut me up on roads and islands or who drive far to close to the back of my car :twisted:

Very rarely have I ever had a need to shoult 'you **** ****' at a young driver 8) Quite suprising really and I guess I am noticing it even more after having spent weeks looking into young driver insurance.

When the fines for not having insurance are pitiful and the fact that they do not crush the uninsured cars instantly it means that it is a better option not to have insurance

Instead of the plod spending all their time and money on ANPR technology; the insurance companies should be made to reduce premiums instead of reporting billion pound profits

Either that or raise the minimum age for driving to 21 and cut out the risk altogether and then reduce the premiums for older drivers!

I do actually venture out of my own road from time to time you know Peter :P

I've been driving for 28 years by the way and never had a bump yet so I guess women drivers are safer that men after all as my other half's only been driving for 27 years without a bump.

PS I was touching wood as I typed that :shock: